Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Unusual trem mounted on my Reverend

Thread: Unusual trem mounted on my Reverend

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Unusual trem mounted on my Reverend

Me, being the penny-pincher I am, searched high and low on the web for a low-priced trem unit. Eventually I hit onto a rare unit on eBay that apparently was distributed by the same company that are in charge of Aria guitars.

Six dollar later, hitting Home Depot for a spring and chromed steel rod (another $6), and here's the result:

The hardware store spring had to be cut around 1.25 coils down to fit well and provide the right amount of resistance. The trem arm is cut from steel rod, but I'm checking to get a Bigsby-style arm mounted on it.

How does it work? Flawlessly. Smooth, returns perfectly to pitch. Very nicely built unit, with no slop, heavy duty with good chrome plating.

I think I hit jackpot with this thing!

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice install!

How is the tuning stability when you get on it??

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man!

It stays in tune all the way, except that sometimes the B string goes a bit flat--I think it's the saddle. I'm gonna either polish those up or get a roller bridge, or s Compton bridge:

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, looks fairly simple. I considered mounting one of these Les Trem's from StewMac, but it is a bit pricey.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.. I could put one on my Edwards Sykes LP...

no.. better not

I have an Ibanez with a Floyd for wang-barring
    Bow

What are these strings for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kerc
    Me, being the penny-pincher I am, searched high and low on the web for a low-priced trem unit. Eventually I hit onto a rare unit on eBay that apparently was distributed by the same company that are in charge of Aria guitars.

Six dollar later, hitting Home Depot for a spring and chromed steel rod (another $6), and here's the result:

The hardware store spring had to be cut around 1.25 coils down to fit well and provide the right amount of resistance. The trem arm is cut from steel rod, but I'm checking to get a Bigsby-style arm mounted on it.

How does it work? Flawlessly. Smooth, returns perfectly to pitch. Very nicely built unit, with no slop, heavy duty with good chrome plating.

I think I hit jackpot with this thing!
    That's interesting. Could you please provide the ebay link for where you bought it.

Thanks