Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ruined the value of the guitar?

Thread: Ruined the value of the guitar?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ruined the value of the guitar?

I changed pups on my BD model and the pups wouldn't work with the direct mounts so I'd put on the pu rings.

I thought I had it close to perfect and putting in the screws moved the rings. Duh!

I want to sell it but for what? Was $899. It's handmade by a luthier.

SPECS:
    One piece mahogany body, hard maple neck, 12"R rosewood fretboard, 1 11/16" nut, 24 frets, Sperzel locking tunners, graphtech saddles (nut?), double action truss rod, quality hardware, Schaller strap locks.

_____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, hand-made luthier guitars have no solid resale value anyway, bro. That will be a hard one to sell, especially if you add in the non-conventional design (which is pretty cool in my opinion).

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah they are all over CL, all the time. Really tough sell.

Post Thanks / Like

Buck Dharma? Sweet. Hope you're able to get a decent price for it, KM. It sure is pretty!

You might try some of the BOC forums. Probably more likely to run into somebody who's into collecting that kind of thing, or at least somebody who would appreciate the value of that fine guitar.
    Last edited by FrankenFretter; June 14th, 2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Additional idea
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guy, you've confirmed what I thought.

I'm a member of the Buck Dharma forum but the password recovery seems to be non existance to them, it doesn't work.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice shape, yeah...seems to me the guitar would sit pretty far right, i.e. picking hand would naturally land on the neck somewhere, when it's strapped on? Is that so? Because the back strap button is so close to the strings?
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

The guitar is light and comfy to wear. I haven't noticed anything unusual about the strap buttons. It didn't put me in an awkward position to play it.

It's quite a jammer. The pups I'd put on are the Carvin Holdsworths.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK...the reason it interested me is I'm having trouble playing my 'strat' usually with the band, and then occasionally breaking out the Glying-V...the guitar stands so much more to the left of me, I end up playing stuff a full step higher :-) so I rarely switch the type of guitar I play. I hardly ever look at the guitar when I play, so it's important to me my hand always lands on roughly the same frets when the guitar hangs on me.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean exactly. I had an SG and switching between the SG and the strat throws me off so I sold the SG.
    _____

_____