Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cyber-Champ

Post Thanks / Like

You guys make getting new stuff sound awfully fun!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Justa' - I can't remember if there were any Dyna-Touch models on the Cyber Champ. I've dialed in some very nice crunchy tones with the Dyna-Touch model(s) on my Cyber Twin.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh yes the Dyna touch... Boris Chorus, Princeton 65DSP and Jazzbox presets... can get smooth to High gain... Don't make me start with other presets... Im trying to settle in a place and can't... its like a candy store of sounds... and im 6.... sheesh...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Actually, When you take away all the dial in knobs and inputs/outputs available on the Cyber Deluxe and get down to the sounds available, I am assuming they both have them all... I think the secret with the Champ is just taking some time and programing the MIDI instead of turning a knob to put in what sounds you wish and they are all there. MIDIOX Utility can be used Till the day someone makes an interface frontend such as those used with the V-Amp,POD,J-Station etc. this may be confusing to some but the sounds are in this so-called little brother just waiting to breakout.
    So, if I'm understanding your correctly, I could send you the specs of some of my Cyber Twin modeled tones, and you could program them into your Cyber Champ using the aforementioned MIDI software / program? I do have a few dandies that I think you might just dig. Us Fender Cyber dudes gotta' stick together, ya' know.

I also found a link w/ some Cyber Twin Settings - perhaps you could use some of these as a reference point. They also offer a pretty nifty Windows-based MIDI editing program for *FREE*, so maybe that's something you might be interested in, too. Here's the link:

http://www.patchwizard.com/pw_FCTPP01.htm

Post Thanks / Like

You musta' got the last one. Unless, I screwed up my search, I'll I could find on MF was a blem cyber champ for $389.
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; March 14th, 2006 at 06:57 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

tot - I believe when they had those Cyber Champs on sale at MF, they had limited quantities. At $299, I'm sure they got snapped up in a hurry. I'd keep an eye on Ebay, though - I've seen a few at or around that price. And they're cool little amps, too - tons o' tones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    So, if I'm understanding your correctly, I could send you the specs of some of my Cyber Twin modeled tones, and you could program them into your Cyber Champ using the aforementioned MIDI software / program? I do have a few dandies that I think you might just dig. Us Fender Cyber dudes gotta' stick together, ya' know.

I also found a link w/ some Cyber Twin Settings - perhaps you could use some of these as a reference point. They also offer a pretty nifty Windows-based MIDI editing program for *FREE*, so maybe that's something you might be interested in, too. Here's the link:

http://www.patchwizard.com/pw_FCTPP01.htm
    The Cyber-Twin I think has way more features then the deluxe and champ plus the tube pre-amp..so I doubt this would work with a CT to CC.... I have also found that place with Deluxe and Twin patches and they seem different.. The Deluxe I believe to be a Champ.. with power controls and a very few other effects plus alot more USER saves for patches... same power... same speaker.. and the Deluxe Audio Clips I have heard are also the same sound... Someday maybe people will start making Patches for the Champ... I am just pleased with what it already has in it and messing with them...and a bit of midi digging when I get a feeling for it..

I hear fender has dropped both the Cyber-Deluxe and the Cyber-Champ this year...could be reason they are selling half price or they had been selling half price... maybe they are comming out with another Cyber series more like the G-DEC.. or with Tube pre like the CT... in any case..if you can find a Cyber-Champ for $300... it's a good buy in my book if you like that Fender Clean sound and some dirt here and there..... shhhh... the VOX guys will hear us...

I just did a search... Only two places seem to have them left and they both selling for $400.00.. zzounds.com and samedaymusic.com seems like it's time for Ebay..
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; March 15th, 2006 at 02:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

tot - I believe when they had those Cyber Champs on sale at MF, they had limited quantities. At $299, I'm sure they got snapped up in a hurry. I'd keep an eye on Ebay, though - I've seen a few at or around that price. And they're cool little amps, too - tons o' tones.
    Naw, Nelskie. I was just curious. I am not in the market for a new amp now.

A pedal or two, yes....a new geetar?....I gotta control the GAS on that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Justa - Now that you have owned this amp for a while, can you provide an update on how do you like this amp? I too amp partial to the Fender sound (Blackface) and I am thinking of upgrading from the VOX AD30VT to this amp. I especially like the idea of being able to store more than two amp styles and using more than one effect.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up It's still the one for me..

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Justa - Now that you have owned this amp for a while, can you provide an update on how do you like this amp?
    Sorry I missed this when you posted Tim...

UpDate: I really really really like the sounds I can make from this amp. At times certain sounds can have a slight humm/hiss but those are usually the High Gain presets and every amp does that. As you know Fender dropped this amp along with the Cyber-Deluxe this year and hopefully will come out with one with more features and the same sound. The more I play the amp the more I like it. It's light and perfect for in-home/studio use. I can find a preset to adjust to those sounds of blues, jazz and rock I search for. This amp sounds like FENDER because it is a Fender.. who else could make a better blackface sound. From a few presets you can get about any fender sound you like.... I am leaning more towards the 65 Deluxe Reverb here lately.. but I have a few to choose from when I want a change.. 49 Champ 55 Deluxe 65 Princeton Reverb Princeton 65 DSP. The Reverb is Fender sound and nice.. from spring to arena, the Delays are very good to my ears from digital to tape to ducking.. Then you also have your Tremelo, Flanger and Chorus and last but not least Vibratone which are all very usable imho... tap buttons available to adjust as needed, deep programing the effects allow you to change them any way you wish... or just use the knobs which I do most the time with great results for me... I can play Strats, tele's and even my Nylon through this amp and find a sound I am pleased with..

Plus there is always the British Invasion and Vintage British Crunch to throw in. I have yet to think I made an error in getting this amp..

Everything records into your computer through the headphones/lineout without losing the cabs etc...

I think you should look on Ebay and at least grab one to try out.. you can always sell it again the same way. they seem to be going $250.00 and up..
    I was thinking of getting another to chain them in stereo which they can do through the Midi connector , changing all setting on each amp on the fly and adding to the effect..

The User bank allows for more storage of your own presets (7) although you will be hard pressed on figuring out which preset there to over write as they are all good imho..

The Cyber-Champ still gets the thumbs up from me.. and will be with me till I can afford a Cyber-Twin SE.. or maybe a Cyber-Deluxe at least for a few more user presets but same sound

Oh Tim and the top reason these must be good amps... Nelskie owned one.. and now has the Twin SE..
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; August 11th, 2006 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Casue I can't spell for sheeeet

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of getting another to chain them in stereo which they can do through the Midi connector , changing all setting on each amp on the fly and adding to the effect . . .
    You know, Justa, I was trying to remember if the Cyber Champ had a ext. cab out jack or not. If it did have an ext. out, the Tech 21 Power Engine might also be a good option to run your Champ in stereo. The PE is basically just a clean power source - so it sounds just like whatever you're running into it. I have a PE 60 that I run with my PODxt, and it's L-O-U-D. Yet at the same time, it works great for low-volume home practice. I wrote a bit about the PE under this thread:

http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?p=4457&postcount=1

Oh Tim and the top reason these must be good amps... Nelskie owned one.. and now has the Twin SE..
    Ha ha ha! Gee, maybe I can get an endorsement deal with Fender . . . ? Yeah, I really liked my Cyber Champ. So much, in fact, that I moved up to the "big dog" - the Cyber Twin (mine's not an SE, tho'). If I could have only one amp, the CT's the one I'd get - - hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the information. My search and GAS has now taken over my senses. The hunt is on!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, Justa, I was trying to remember if the Cyber Champ had a ext. cab out jack or not.
    Nope, On the Cyber-Champ there is no ext. cab out unfortunately.. There is something neat about having two cyber-champs hooked together thru their Midi though.. double my User Presets (14) and they both could share them at the same time.. I best quit thinking about this before I get around a $300.00 bill on Ebay.. I have been thinking about it for some time though.. Would be nice hearing some stereo effects from one side of this room to the other and back out of the Celestions..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Thanks guys for the information. My search and GAS has now taken over my senses. The hunt is on!
    Good luck in the search Tim... I think it would make a great addition to the VOX..

Ebay Search : http://search.ebay.com/Cyber-Champ_W...ZCyberQ2dChamp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12