Quote Originally Posted by Robert
I got it yesterday, the 50s Classic Vibe Tele, and ooooh baby!

Sweet sounding guitar. I ran it through my Line 6 Spider Valve and some righteous tones came right at me.

This is the guitar deal of the century! I looked closely at it, and I couldn't see any flaws or shortcuts taken. Neck pocket is tight, no scratchy pots, etc. I just have change the strings to 10s, cause I can't play with 09s anymore.

Video review might come next week (I'm away on a running relay over the weekend).
If you think the Classic Vibe 50s Tele is a good deal you should take a look at the Classic Vibe Tele Custom. Alder body, double bound, and a set of killer Alnico Vs. Compared to the 50s with the A3s and pine body the Custom is a tone monster. I prefer the maple neck on the 50s though. My only complaint with the Custom is the postion dots on the side of the neck are very small and hard to see. I am not proficient enought to play without them. I am heading out to Maine in a couple of weeks and one of the "pinecasters" may find it's way into my SUV on the return trip.
I totally agree with you the 10s are a must on these. I have heard that teles are hard to get the intonation set, but mine is set dead on, even with the stock saddles. I tried out 20 teles from 250 to 1800 dollars and none played as nice as these do.