Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Got my Fender Pro Junior

Thread: Got my Fender Pro Junior

Hybrid View

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my Fender Pro Junior

Now this a sweet sounding blues machine. It's 15 watts, and definitely louder than my Marshall Class 5 (although not a whole lot louder).

It has a sweet chime to the clean tone, and it's a joy to play. It starts getting dirty after 12 o'clock, a sweet overdrive.

I think I will replace the tubes in it, because I had "frying incident" with it when I got it, and it's very possible the tubes took a beating of out that. I'll ask Eurotubes what they recommend.

N A D !!!!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!
    Letting the smoke out is easy... getting it back in is very difficult!
    Glad it worked out
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

I get a little dirty after 12 O' Clock too, but only on weekends.

Seriously, a friend of mine has one of these, and I was really impressed with the tone, as well as the fact that it sounds big for an amph that size. A very nice amph indeed. Good choice, Robert!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

Did the tech say what happened to it? I take it that it wasn't that difficult to fix?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    Did the tech say what happened to it?
    He's not going to want to 'fess up publicly a 2nd time, Tung:

http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?...3&postcount=23
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    He's not going to want to 'fess up publicly a 2nd time, Tung:

http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?...3&postcount=23
    Thanks, DVM. I didn't see that.

It could have been a lot worse. I'm glad everything worked out okay.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all good. I don't want to talk about the reasons for its failures... dang right! So let's shut up about that and just enjoy the goodness of this little amph!

I recorded a demo yesterday, but my micing situation brought crap results, so I redid it today with the camcorder's mic, and it sounds SOOO much better. I'll post the video on the tube tonight. It sounds great!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    ....so I redid it today with the camcorder's mic, and it sounds SOOO much better.
    Ol' Tone2theBone is lookin' pretty smart about now, eh RR?

Can't wait to hear it!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!