Thread: Opinion: who earned the honor of most famous or best left handed guitar player?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

There's only one possible answer - me!

Just kidding! No contest - Jimi Hendrix. When you consider the time period in which he performed, it becomes evident that he reinvented the guitar. He redefined its possibilities in the world of musical performance. Whether or not you like his music, he at least deserves credit for that, which is a whole lot more than the vast majority of guitarists can claim. Personally, I think there are players that are clearly inspired by him today who have surpassed him - if not in technique, then at least in being able to integrate technique with musicality. But the players today have 40 more years of recording technology to help them achieve this. For his time, there was no other. Hendrix started a school that no one else has ever graduated from, and probably never will.

Post Thanks / Like

McCartney. Listening to the Beatles as a kid is where I first learned how melodic an instrument the bass can be. Plus, Paul played plenty of guitar on the records.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer