Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My friends are insane

Thread: My friends are insane

Post Thanks / Like

Talking My friends are insane

And some of them have far too much time on their hands.

To wit:

http://www.gainesvillebands.com/foru...TID=30764&PN=1

Now, I know no one will believe me, but I had nothing to do with the above thread. It's on the local website gainesvillebands.com, part of a forum there started by another survivor of the Gainesville Rock Wars, an old acquaintance of mine who goes by "Danarachy."

Anyhow, Dan, who was the bouncer/doorman at our own local version of CBGB's, called the Hardback Cafe (RIP, 1990-2000), has taken it upon himself to document the history of the "Gainesville scene." The above thread is one of 2 semi-biographical ones he's done on a couple of us Gainesville old-timers still making music locally.

He's got a sort of stream-of-(semi)consciousness style that I can't help but find humorous.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. The REAL "Life of Brian".... LOL
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

ok....while i was reading the brian link the song "cops and punks" by crashpad came on....mind you i am shuffling over 1800 songs through itunes....crazy....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

pes_laul Guest

Thats awesome!! haha for the high school yearbook a bunch of girls I hardly knew who were in yearbook class made like a two page story on me and had a bunch of pictures I dont remember anyone taking. It was actually pretty cool though haha

Post Thanks / Like

to quote Pes

a w e s o m e !
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! After reading this I am still lacking the words to write a good comment here. Brian you are a jack-of-all-trades and all the forums I surf and read there's no forum member like you, really.

Thanks for posting this, it was the highlight of my office morning!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Friends are good.
    Insane friends are great.
    Insane friends who don't cause you to go to jail are the best!

That was good stuff. I'm glad we got to see it.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Nice promo material. Who is the old geezer in the leather jacket playing guitar?

That's pretty nice that someone would to to all that effort to compile all that information. I guess that will screw up your witness protection status?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL! That is so great! And the dude is lawyer too!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    LOL! That is so great! And the dude is lawyer too!
    Yeah, but with so many other positive attributes, we'd be nitpicking to hold that against him...

I think it would be fair to say that Brian does more than his share to make the Gainesville music scene pretty cool...
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, this thread has got me thinking (and that can be dangerous).

I've got a great idea for a local show...

The scene:

A dimly lit semi-circular stage with musical equipment set all about. A familiar figure strides up to a microphone to the applause of the studio audience, his trusty '52 re-ssue Tele hanging around his neck and says into the mic:

"Hi folks, welcome to Gainesville City Limits. I'm your host, Brian Krashpad. Our musical guests tonight are...."

First Gainesville, then national distribution. What? If it could happen in Austin, it could happen Gainesville...
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Wow. The REAL "Life of Brian".... LOL
    Haha, well, I don't how "real" anything Dan writes is. He's a little on the crazy side, as in I think he's probably been "Baker Acted" (as we say in Florida) a couple times. But he's a good guy and cares more about our local scene than almost anyone I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    Thats awesome!! haha for the high school yearbook a bunch of girls I hardly knew who were in yearbook class made like a two page story on me and had a bunch of pictures I dont remember anyone taking. It was actually pretty cool though haha
    You know what they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity!

(Of course, Mel Gibson might disagree.)

That'll be a cool thing to have a copy of as you get older.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    ok....while i was reading the brian link the song "cops and punks" by crashpad came on....mind you i am shuffling over 1800 songs through itunes....crazy....
    Haha, karma man.

Or, it could be ghosts in your machine.