Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD Acoustic! Art & Lutherie - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD Acoustic! Art & Lutherie

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, guys! Don't get me wrong on the sunburst thing. I think they look fine. Maybe not the blue ones though
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Hey, guys! Don't get me wrong on the sunburst thing. I think they look fine. Maybe not the blue ones though
    Guitars and food should not be blue!

Post Thanks / Like

GReat buy on the A&L my son has one that sounds great. I have played several and found them them to be well worth the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I took my son's S101 Standard acoustic (small size for kids, but with a truss bar at least) camping this weekend, and had a great time with it. The short scale made for some easy campfire playing. We did not have room in the car for a full size.

The reason I say this is his is a tobacco type burst, and I liked it sitting there against the green grass. Not so sure about a blue acoustic though. Maybe a pink one.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie
    Guitars and food should not be blue!
    I dunno... I've liked a few blue electrics!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I got an answer from Godin about the bindings:

"Recent A&L models don't have bindings on the back or headstock".

That means Tig was fortunate to get one of the previous models having this nice feature. Good for him!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, man!

She sure is a beauty!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie
    I got an answer from Godin about the bindings:

"Recent A&L models don't have bindings on the back or headstock".

That means Tig was fortunate to get one of the previous models having this nice feature. Good for him!
    Wow, that is a plus!
    Judging by the light scratches on the pick guard, it was sitting in the show room for up to a year.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Tig:

What do you think of the tuning machines on your A & L? Mine suck! They "crack" off stationary like a rusty nut. Getting and keeping this beast in tune has been a pain in the tochas. I just ordered a set of Grovers for it.

BTW: Before everybody jumps in, I know all about proper winding around posts, nut binding, etc., etc. My other cheap guitars' tuners are fine; these are junk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

While they don't feel like the highest quality, they have given me no problems with tuning stability so far. I changed the strings the first day, and although my windings are not perfect, they have worked out alright.

I can see upgrading them some day, but will hold off for now. The bridge saddle still needs to be lowered. I sanded it down (the base), but not enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12