Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
RUSH: Beyond the Lighted Stage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUSH: Beyond the Lighted Stage

Post Thanks / Like

Default RUSH: Beyond the Lighted Stage

If you're even the slightest fan of Rush, you HAVE to see this
    documentary. We recorded it off of Palladium over the weekend and were
    totally engrossed by the film. My wife even loved it. She turned around
    right after we watched it and made me go to the computer to order the
    Blu Ray which comes out tomorrow.

Here's a trailer:

Here's the URL if the movie is not loading for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8hbSxY0sE

Great stuff, great insight, lots of other musicians talking about how
    Rush influenced them and some really amazing OLD footage from their
    childhood and early careers.

Last edited by Rockermann; July 1st, 2010 at 12:14 PM.
    Steve
    P R O J E C T - 4 3
    http://www.project-43.com/
    Support Indie Music!
    http://itunes.com/project-43

Post Thanks / Like

They're starting their tour tomorrow night here in town. I wish I could go but I already bought tickets for Theodore Nuge for Friday.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    They're starting their tour tomorrow night here in town. I wish I could go but I already bought tickets for Theodore Nuge for Friday.
    They're here in town on Saturday at Summerfest. We saw them there about 3-4 years ago. We're considering going again.
    Steve
    P R O J E C T - 4 3
    Support Indie Music!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockermann
    They're here in town on Saturday at Summerfest. We saw them there about 3-4 years ago. We're considering going again.
    Are you a Milwaukeean? I live up nort', north of Green Bay.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Are you a Milwaukeean? I live up nort', north of Green Bay.
    Close... I'm just a little west of Milwaukee. I used to live up in Sheboygan, but that's not really north either.

Small world, eh?
    Steve
    P R O J E C T - 4 3
    Support Indie Music!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to see that. I've been a Rush fan since I was a teenager (that was a long time ago). I've seen them live a couple of times, the last time being a couple years ago. I wonder what Geddy will have as his backline this tour? Last time I saw them, it was chicken rotisseries. They put on a great show every time!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    I'll have to see that. I've been a Rush fan since I was a teenager (that was a long time ago).
    You won't be disappointed. I'm the same as you... fan since I was a teenager (around the 2112 release) and I loved it.

I've seen them live a couple of times, the last time being a couple years ago. I wonder what Geddy will have as his backline this tour? Last time I saw them, it was chicken rotisseries. They put on a great show every time!
    Same here, I saw 'em with the washing machines and the rotisseries. I think he used vending machines prior to that. I've never heard the official answer, but I assume all of that is just a ongoing joke? Him trying to fill his side of the stage up like Alex does with his stacks?
    Steve
    P R O J E C T - 4 3
    Support Indie Music!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'll have to see that. I've been a Rush fan since I was a teenager (that was a long time ago).
    Ditto. I remember a kid playing 2112 in summer camp when it was new, and my musical world changed.

Saw the Permanent Waves tour, which was amazing. I've always felt that Alex is among the most under rated guitarists around. The licks he comes up with are beautiful.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I remember seeing Rush warming up for Theodore in Port Huron. Rush is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, I saw 'em with the washing machines and the rotisseries. I think he used vending machines prior to that. I've never heard the official answer, but I assume all of that is just a ongoing joke? Him trying to fill his side of the stage up like Alex does with his stacks?
    Yeah, basically. He goes direct, obviously, but it would look sort of strange to have absolutely nothing back there. Just pray it's never mimes...
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a RUSH fan since the mid '70's. Love 'em to death and been to quite a few shows. Unfortunately, none lately.

I have the utmost respect for all three of those guys as musicians and as people in general.
    Turner Model 1 C-LB, Seagull S6+, Ibanez 12 string, Dean Bavarian Vendetta
    VOX AC50 CP2, Roland RE-20, Boss CE5
    Kurzweil SP88X, Yamaha MM8, Roland R-5
    TASCAM 38-8, Behringer SX4882, Alesis Midiverb III, Alesis Midiverb IV, DBX 262, DBX 266, Omnifex DDX1024, TASCAM DBX Type II NR
    Sennheiser MD441, Shure SM57, SM7, Sennheiser 402's

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, basically. He goes direct, obviously, but it would look sort of strange to have absolutely nothing back there. Just pray it's never mimes...
    Saw an interview with Getty last year, and he said something like, well Alex has all those amps and cabinets, and I had nothing on my side, so I though the vending machine and washer would balance things out.

I love Rush, but sometimes wonder how they would have sounded with a different singer, yet kept Getty for the bass and song writing, etc.
    Go ahead and hang me from the nearest tree!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't get to go the show but I snagged this from someone that did. It's pretty entertaining. I missed a hell of a show.

Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    I love Rush, but sometimes wonder how they would have sounded with a different singer, yet kept Getty for the bass and song writing, etc.

Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Didn't get to go the show but I snagged this from someone that did. It's pretty entertaining. I missed a hell of a show.
    Oh, you're not kidding.. that's a great intro and set... I might still have to try and get tickets to the show here on Saturday.
    Steve
    P R O J E C T - 4 3
    Support Indie Music!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you're not kidding.. that's a great intro and set... I might still have to try and get tickets to the show here on Saturday.
    I'd go with ya if I could!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    I know, I know... I've said the unspeakable!
    Seriously, I have a difficult time listening to Getty these days. He's lost what little voice he had to start with. Very out of tune and shrill.
    (is now a good time to duck? )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    I know, I know... I've said the unspeakable!
    Seriously, I have a difficult time listening to Getty these days. He's lost what little voice he had to start with. Very out of tune and shrill.
    (is now a good time to duck? )
    I hear ya.... Getty is somewhat of an acquired taste to be sure. He can't quite wail as shrill as he did 20 yrs ago, but that happens... I'm just so glad that these guys are out there, still putting out new and relevant music after all these years and not relegating themselves to the Old Farts Nostalgia Circuit - and doing it with class, grace and style Bummed that they won't be playing anywhere nearby this time around...
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

I tivod that off Palladium this weekend too....it was great. Who would have thought that Neal Peart was such an introvert tho.....and so educated. I did learn something after watching "The Runaways" over the weekend......Rush gave the Runaways' a major hard time when they toured together.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast