Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The last guitar I will ever buy

Thread: The last guitar I will ever buy

Post Thanks / Like

Default The last guitar I will ever buy

Epiphone DOT. This guitar sounds just like the smooth jazz CD I'm learning songs from! Perfect condition, with a hardshell case and crappy amp (line 6 15W) for $325! Now that is a stone-cold gonga deal!

pics:

Between this and my Artcore, I have 2 outstanding guitars. And am in a very good place with my gear

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, progrmr, that's a sweet lookin' Dot!

Let's see:

Jackson - metal and rock - check
    Artcore - Jazz - check
    Dot - Jazz & blues - check

Sounds to me like you've got a ton of tonal variety!

I wouldn't say that this is the last guitar you ever buy. Lord help you if you get bitten by the Tele, Les Paul, or Gretsch bugs. They don't let go easily!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. You've been a busy man lately, but I do echo Kat's sentiments -- there's no way that's the last axe you buy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

And it's a Dot Deluxe too. Flamed veneer and gold hardware is what makes it a Deluxe.

Last guitar?
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dang, she sure is purty!

Last guitar my a#%!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

comon guys! It could happen!! But I know what you're saying...I guess I should give it a few weeks. If I grow cold on things, it usually happens that way.

Also I had to sacrifice the Jackson to the fender blues junior I bought last night. Returned it after 2 weeks...I played the heck out of it the first I bought, then it literally sat for 2 weeks after I got my Ibanez. I had to have the better amp and didn't have the cash, so I returned the Jackson and bought the junior. It was a tough choice.

I'll tell you this - the Ibanez feels like a toy compared to the DOT...I played the dot for about an hour then moved to the couch and the Ibanez..it was shocking how noticeable the difference is. The neck on the Ibanez just doesn't come close to the DOT. Before I got the DOT it was like a treasure, but now - it's really the backup/couch guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

That is one sweet gitar.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my last guitar years ago.

I've bought a lot of last guitars since then.

That's a really nice Epi, beautiful top. One day you'll play a friend's Gibson 335 and think "I wonder how I can pay for this...." Or that grandma will want to sell her late husbands' gold Gibson guitar "It's old, but it has the case so it should be worth $100" Or you'll want another guitar that you can just leave in open G. There's lots of reasons for yet another guitar, and every one is a valid reason. GAS never sleeps, as they say.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip
    I bought my last guitar years ago.

I've bought a lot of last guitars since then.
    Exactly! However, you now have a very nice guitar. Congrats.

Thanks for the new signature Zip.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Jamais ne dit jamais!

But congrats!
    Lol! I guess I should listen to that. It is nice to feel like I have guitars that I really don't want to part with at home though...even when I played bass, I went through bass after bass...never did find the one suited me 100%.

My Artcore and DOT though - they are making me feel warm and fuzzy inside

I could see falling for a true ES-335...but it would have to be from someone that had no idea what they had. Although I think I saw some a GC the other day for $2200...I could swing that after a couple of years

Post Thanks / Like

I am always buying my last guitar. then the next one and the next one and.....
    May all your days be memorable, all your friends stay true and all your riffs be killer....

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought my last guitar last week!!!! She's a beauty and I can't wait to she the next one!!!! Congrats Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

NICE AXE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAST GUITAR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you SURE? LOL
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet looking dot....last guitar huh? Good luck with that one!!!