Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Two...two....two Tele's in one! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Two...two....two Tele's in one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! Thanks for the report. That is what I will use in my project. I am not sure that I really need the 4th position, but for an extra $10, it is worth trying out.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I am not sure that I really need the 4th position, but for an extra $10, it is worth trying out.
    Oh, you don't need it, but once you hear it, you'll be glad you have it!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can see one of those in my future.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    A couple of considerations for you, Steve:

even having auto-switching between 250K and 500K pot resistance depending on which pickup is selected. Major droolage ensued....

I know this was a concern. This unit sounds great. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

I checked the wiring diagrams on fenders web page and notice that my '72 Custom reissue telecaster, with the full size wide range humbucker at the neck, as well as my Lonestar strat with the SD Pearly Gates bridge pickup, both have "only" 250k pots. So this indicates that you can use 250k pots in guitars that mix single coils and full sized humbuckers, and use them effectively with great sound.

I realize that at this time you are installing a P90 in your CVC and have that awesome control assembly. I just thought I'd mention this because I, for one, have been wondering what pot or pots they put in those guitars that mix the single coils with the full sized humbuckers; like the tele's with the neck humbuckers, and the hss strats. I have also read that some people switch the pots to 500k in these guitars. Mine are staying like they are.

I hope this information helps anyone that is thinking of putting a full sized humbucker in the neck of their tele or bridge of their strat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Duffy. That is the cool thing about this Santellan sounds unit, because you can easily swap pickups, and also mix and match pot values to see what works best.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Thanks Duffy. That is the cool thing about this Santellan sounds unit, because you can easily swap pickups, and also mix and match pot values to see what works best.
    I see that. That looks like a useful item.

One of my favorite guitar styles for just overall vibe and playing is a telecaster with a full sized humbucker at the neck and a really nice single coil telecaster bridge pickup. Although some complain about the wide range HB at the neck of the Fender '72 Custom reissue telecaster, I totally appreciate the tone of the WRHB, plus it has a really nice Fender tele bridge pickup. I also have a Peavey Generation EXP tele with a full sized regular covered HB at the neck and a surprisingly nice bridge tele pickup - this Peavey guitar feels great and has a really great vibe to it with a beautiful antique burst and maple fretboard. It just feels and plays great in addition to its remarkable sound.

I think a P90 at the neck of your CVC is going to bring that guitar into some uncharted territory to explore. I suppose it will sound a lot different from the stock guitar and that the P90 will be very useful. That black pickguard also is going to look very cool. I might have to put a RWRP P90 at the neck of one of my tele's, but definitely not one of the ones with the humbucker neck pickups - they are not going anywhere.

Man, I bet you are anxious to start putting that project together; and even more anxious to start playing it and chasing its mojo. The Classic 30 is a cool amp and should keep you happy with that. Lately I have been playing guitars at a local store exclusively thru a nice Fender Blues Jr III, black stock one, and it has a really beautiful clean sound that overdrives easily as you turn it up, without flushing the management off their roosts. That is a very nice, so called, little amp.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345