Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Carvin Guitars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carvin Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carvin Guitars

Just got a Carvin brochure in the mail today. Man what sweet looking guitars. And they are made in the USA. Anybody own one of these beauties??? If so what model and how do you like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no experience with their guitars (yet ) but I knew a few people that had their basses and were VERY satisfied with the quality.

Their custom build basses are affordable too, I'm willing to bet it would be the same for the guitars.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a CT6M I bought used on eBay. Fabulous guitar--top quality construction & materials throughout. Plays like a dream and sounds great. The pickups in mine lean to a more modern tone, but you can always order different models or change them after purchase if you want a more vintage tone.

Couple of photos (more of them HERE):

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I have a CT6M I bought used on eBay. Fabulous guitar--top quality construction & materials throughout. Plays like a dream and sounds great. The pickups in mine lean to a more modern tone, but you can always order different models or change them after purchase if you want a more vintage tone.

Say, when are you going to sell that one to me on the cheap???

Seriously though, how does it compare to your other double-'bucker guitars like the Epi, Agile, Dot, etc.? Do you play it more or less than those ones? Now that you're presumably done with the honeymoon on all of those guitars, what's your take?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman

Oh man that's gorgeous!!! How is it buying on ebay. Never bought a guitar there.
    Last edited by riverrick; July 7th, 2010 at 09:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got my catalog also. They have a new carved top double cut semi-hollow that is one fine guitar.
    http://www.carvinguitars.com/customs...wcarvedtop.php
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

My Bolt+:

with SS frets you probably will never need a refret. And Sperzel tuners are nice too.

Upd.: hmm... I thought images are embedded straight into post. I see them as links.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barber76
    Upd.: hmm... I thought images are embedded straight into post. I see them as links.
    Go to you CP and check your options, you probably have "view images" un-checked.

Beautiful guitar, btw, as is yours dvm!

What is the scale length on those Carvins?
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanEVO_Dude
    Go to you CP and check your options, you probably have "view images" un-checked.
    Yep, that was it, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanEVO_Dude
    What is the scale length on those Carvins?
    Bolt-on & set-through necks 25.5, set necks 25. Carvin doesn't make 24.75.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine. She'll be 10 years old in a couple of weeks. The best guitar I've ever owned.
    Guitars:

Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster (1990)
    Carvin DC-127 (2000)
    Fender Baja Telecaster (2016)
    Recording King RO-10 (2016)
    Gibson Les Paul CM (2015)

Amp:

Boss Katana 50

Effects:

Boss Tuner
    Caline Orange Burst
    Electro-Harmonix LPB1

Post Thanks / Like

Carvin is a Godsend for lefthanded players. Their quality is absolutely top notch and YOU decide wood, color, frets, as they are made to order. Once you receive it you have ten days to try it, if you don't like it send it back, you're out $25 maybe for UPS. Very few guitars get sent back, if they do it's because the buyer didn't get the color/finish they wanted. It's very hard to predict what a particular 'burst will look like on a given chunk o' wood. Family owned, made in San Diego and killer customer service. Downsides? The waiting period (6-8 weeks typ.) until it arrives!! That and know going into it that because they are a niche player, the resale value isn't great plus if you go with some bizaare color (they'll make it any way you want) that hurts resale too. I have a closr friend who's a luthier and he was blown away when he saw my California single cut (LP clone). $1,300 guitar that would be $4-5K easy if it had Gibson's name on it. Oh, their line of "Cobalt" acoustic guitars (made in Korea now I believe) are an incredible value also.
    L.B.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyBlues
    I have a closr friend who's a luthier and he was blown away when he saw my California single cut (LP clone). $1,300 guitar that would be $4-5K easy if it had Gibson's name on it.
    Absolutely right on the mark. If my Cali Carved Top CT6M said "Paul Reed Smith" on the headstock instead of Carvin, it would have run me $4K+, I'm sure.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

How did I miss this thread ??

Am I too late to show off mine?

_____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Never too late, man! Beautiful guitars. I'm digging the Holdsworth headstock on the 127... I think it should be Carvin's standard headstock.

I don't own one, but I've played a couple. Hands down (and I'm a serious cheap azz) worth the money, and probably the only guitar I would own without trying out first.

The examples in this thread are drool worthy.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

So Kite, your DC 127 does not have the rounded edges, right? It still looks slightly rounded, but I'm trying to get an idea of what the difference is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Look at Eichaan's guitar, it's rounded mine's normal. There's a joke that the rounded guitars looks like air inflated guitars.

EDIT: by the way my DC127 is the sweetest I ever played. It just melts in your hands.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

I no longer own it, but it was a great guitar. My 727.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Damn Hub, you let that beauty go ??

That's walnut?

I should slap ya.

EDIT: by the way, my DC127 have a plain maple cap but the grains hardly shows.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

SOME SERIOUS EYE CANDY IN THIS THREAD.
    Maybe instead of buying an LP studio deluxe carvin is the way to go.
    HMMMMMMMMMMMM.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast