Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

NPD! Washburn Soloist Distortion

Thread: NPD! Washburn Soloist Distortion

Post Thanks / Like

Default NPD! Washburn Soloist Distortion

After reading many accolades of this pedal here in this forum, I decided to splurge a whopping $20, and get one for myself. So far I've only tested it through headphones, as it's far too hot in my upstairs music room (converted attic). I like what I'm hearing so far, but I really look forward to hearing it through real speakers.

Here's some gratuitous photos:

The flash photo is pretty washed out, sorry. The color is what I'd call mulberry, which makes me hungry for cobbler.

I guess I have to play around with the tone and contour controls some more, but it seems that the contour is more of a gain contour than a tone contour. I know there are a few of us here that have these; what setting do you like?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of those, it is a great pedal for $20. As you no doubt know, it is a repackaged/rebadged Artec SE-SLD Soloist Distortion. Does a great cranked plexi imitation. It is well made too, in Korea, IIRC.

I usually set the Level and Tone to about 11 or 12 o'clock, Contour and gain all the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    After reading many accolades of this pedal here in this forum, I decided to splurge a whopping $20, and get one for myself. So far I've only tested it through headphones, as it's far too hot in my upstairs music room (converted attic). I like what I'm hearing so far, but I really look forward to hearing it through real speakers.

The flash photo is pretty washed out, sorry. The color is what I'd call mulberry, which makes me hungry for cobbler.

I guess I have to play around with the tone and contour controls some more, but it seems that the contour is more of a gain contour than a tone contour. I know there are a few of us here that have these; what setting do you like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    I've got one of those, it is a great pedal for $20. As you no doubt know, it is a repackaged/rebadged Artec SE-SLD Soloist Distortion. Does a great cranked plexi imitation. It is well made too, in Korea, IIRC.

I usually set the Level and Tone to about 11 or 12 o'clock, Contour and gain all the way up.
    That's pretty close to the way I have it set, but I have the Gain and Contour dialed back just a tad. I really need to try this through my Night Train to hear the Quasi-Plexi goodness. I do like it better than my BBE AM64, which is about to be sold.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great deal! Update us after you put it through the paces. Where did you buy it at?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    Looks like a great deal! Update us after you put it through the paces. Where did you buy it at?
    Ebay, buddy. The best and worst place in the world.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter

I like mine alot-lot.
    My settings are:
    Gain at 3 o'clock
    Contour at 3 o'clock
    Level at 10 o'clock + (for unity gain)
    Tone varies depending on what guitar and sound I want, is't the only control I change on this.
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

This is still one of my all-time favorite pedals. I've tried a ton of OD and distortion pedals, but this one is still my number one. I have a Suhr Riot clone that is somewhat close, but I still like the Soloist better. I even had a Mad Professor 1 pedal for awhile, but I just sold that on eBay. The Soloist just has a better tone, to be honest.
    -Sean

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I've never tried one.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.