Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Just got here

Thread: Just got here

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Just got here

Boo
    Hello to one and all.Right i am so new it's untrue,As in i only got my guitar 2 days a go,Its a now dont laff please its all i could afford
    Encore Les Paul Style got it from one of them online shops lol you know the one
    So to cut it short, I am 46 years young And always wanted to play a Guitar.
    2 years back had an op on my left hand,Doc told me time to get the hand working gain.So here i am.
    Will be looking in and asking all kinds of questions and just hoping someone out there will help.
    Thanks for your help in advance
    Peace

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! I'm 45 and just picked up the guitar again a few years ago after a 15 year (or so) hiatus. This is a great place for advice, debate and all around entertainment. Thanks for joining us!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Pleased to meet you Frank hope to see and chat with you a long the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Slainte! Welcome... lots of good folks here from raw beginners to seasoned pros (I fall somewhere in the middle)... great discussions, great support and an all 'round nice place to hang out and talk about our shared passion
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to The Fret!

44 years young here, so you are not alone in that age group! Lost of friendly people to answer any and all questions you may have.

Cheers!
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome Fingerhurting. I started basically in my 40's too. Lots of good company and info for you here.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Another 40's newbie player here, so welcome aboard! The great part about playing guitar is that it doesn't matter how long you have been playing but rather how much you play. The guitar will reward you if you commit yourself to her... like the fairer sex, she is fun, sexy, and frustrating at times...but always worth the effort!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret! You found a good place for support. Dig around the threads, and also use the search function and you'll learn quite a bit.
    Here's a good thread to get you going:
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=11248

I'm a much better student in my 40's than a few decades ago, and I'm sure you'll advance quickly as well. There are plenty of free and paid online learning videos, and I also like to play along with backing tracks.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! We are all students I think.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! 55yrs and counting here. Lots of folks here who will help you out, both learning guitar and acquiring more of them...... heh, heh, heh.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Welcome! 55yrs and counting here. Lots of folks here who will help you out, both learning guitar and acquiring more of them...... heh, heh, heh.
    Welcome Fingerhurting,have couple years on this young man but can still kick out some tunes.been playing since age 11,Not non stop Life happens but have never even entertained the idea of quitting.too much to Still learn.it's a never ending journey and always good
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm 35 and started about 10 months ago.

Also, how'd you take that picture 3 months into the future? :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    I know you were joking, but I think they swap the month and day across the pond as compared to the North-American date convention.

I might be wrong -- feel free to correct me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, I'm 41 and new here also.

GA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    I'm 35 and started about 10 months ago.

May be i need to change my date on camera
    for got to do it durr i am lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kinda interesting to see so many guys in or near their 40's taking up guitar.

Mrs. Tig says she doesn't mind, since it's better than me chasing ho's around!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard....lots of good people here to help you out. They have sure answered alot of my questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Lotsa youngsters taking up guitar these days! I'm 59 and started about two months ago. A lot of friendly people here willing to help.
    John in Minnetundra
    MIM Tele, Dillion LP clone, G&L S-500
    My Other Hobby

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Welcome !!!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan