Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Pathfinder 15r in the house!

Thread: New Pathfinder 15r in the house!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Pathfinder 15r in the house!

So, after reading lots of good reviews here and elsewhere, I got a Pathfinder 15r today. I bought it used on the 'Bay for $70. I am quite impressed by the looks (black cloth), size (half the weight but exactly the same cabinet size as my Behringer GM110) and sound. I really enjoy plugging the line out into the power amp of the Behringer. That way I have sound coming from the internal 8" speaker (which is quite loud) AND the Berry's 10" speaker. It is more than enough volume!

Here is a clip of some brief strumming through (first) just the built in speaker and then through both combined. I think the sound is much fuller with both speakers going. And while you can't quite perceive it on the mp3, it is VERY loud.

Amp settings are Gain at 7:00; Volume between 9:00 and 10:00; Treble at noon; Bass at 9:00 (the added speaker makes things much more bassy); slight tremolo and reverb at noon.

I'm going to keep playing around with this, but I am quite happy, let me tell you. Here is a picture of what my mighty mini-stack looks like:

And here it is with my electrics:

Strat

Stinger by Martin

Carvin

Agile
    Guitars:

Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster (1990)
    Carvin DC-127 (2000)
    Fender Baja Telecaster (2016)
    Recording King RO-10 (2016)
    Gibson Les Paul CM (2015)

Amp:

Boss Katana 50

Effects:

Boss Tuner
    Caline Orange Burst
    Electro-Harmonix LPB1

Post Thanks / Like

Nice sound and nice playing eichaan, very nice indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

Although if may sound more full in the room when you add the other amp, I like the sound of the Vox by itself in your clip. I used to have one of those. Out of many small amps I tried out looking for one with a headphone out, it was by far the best sounding, most tube like tone of any of them.
    Enjoy !

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds nice. Good score. I waffled myself over a 15R and the Berry GM110 before settling on a GM110.

Post Thanks / Like

I just made a crude extension cab with two 10" no-name speakers and powered it via the Pathfinder's extension jack. It sounds great (to me)! A lot more air moving.

I am mentioning it because, when I researched my Pathfinder purchase, I did not find anybody relating their success running an ext. cab off it.
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ran mine through a Randall 4x12 cab yesterday. Gets pretty loud! There's something I like about the little 8-inch speaker in there though, although I will be replacing it with a 10 at some point, just because.

Post Thanks / Like

The stock Pathfinder working guts could be re-housed in a enclosure for a 15".

Gentlemen, start your tablesaws!

Good winter project, depending on how much snow one usually gets...
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

I like my '15R more the more I play it. Just for S&G's I set it up with the volume dimed and use the gain control for volume, similar to older amps that didn't have separate volume and gain controls. It works great that way, with max shimmer/chime. This is a fine inexpensive amp.

Post Thanks / Like

Default me too

Quote Originally Posted by gndboy
    I like my '15R more the more I play it. Just for S&G's I set it up with the volume dimed and use the gain control for volume, similar to older amps that didn't have separate volume and gain controls. It works great that way, with max shimmer/chime. This is a fine inexpensive amp.

I've had it set your way for awhile now. Volume to max, gain low, and use the footswitch to kick on a boost for solos. This is a super amp.
    Guitars:

Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster (1990)
    Carvin DC-127 (2000)
    Fender Baja Telecaster (2016)
    Recording King RO-10 (2016)
    Gibson Les Paul CM (2015)

Amp:

Boss Katana 50

Effects:

Boss Tuner
    Caline Orange Burst
    Electro-Harmonix LPB1