Thread: VOX AD50VT - All I can say is WOW! (Thanks Robert!)

Post Thanks / Like

Default VOX AD50VT - All I can say is WOW! (Thanks Robert!)

First off, I need to thank Robert for his gleaming review of the AD series. I had heard how great he sounded playing through one, so I decided to go to Guitar Center to give one a try.

I brought by Schecter Hellcat VI in the event of a trade. After plugging into one, I knew right away I had fallen in love with the VOX right off. Goodbye baritone, hello Vox!

I'm amazed how many different sound combinations you can get out of this amp! It's not as clean as my Peabey Classic 50, but then again I'm comparing a $369 and to a $900 model. This amp is a bargain, hands down!

I've read of some people complaining about reliability, so I'll have to take a backup to gigs until I build up a trust with it.

Thanks Robert!
    You've converted another musician!

Best regards,
    Tremoloman
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

So you bought one then? Glad you like it! I continue to be impressed by mine - the versatility is incredible. You are now one of us VOX ADxxVT addicts!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly!

Guitar Center has a "FSR Hot Rod" limited edition model in Graffiti Yellow w/matching headstock, S/S/HB combination. Man was it a sweet guitar!

I'm looking for a used 25.5" scale Jagmaster that I want to modify. I figure it will be much cheaper to do this than to try building one from scratch.

Have a great day!
    I'm an ADDer with Vox fever!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I think Vox has since fixed the problems with the Valvetronix amps. I haven't had anything happen with mine and I love the *&%# out of it.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I must admit, they are fantastic. I think Vox should pay Robert about 5% for each amp sold. I dont even know what kind of amp i would've bought if i hadn't seen his website. i DID have one problem, i didnt ever figure out what it was; but when i turned up the volume, it started buzzing like something was loose and jingling around in it. Luckily, Guitar Center was really cool about giving me a completely new amp! probably.... no, definately the best amp ive tried! make sure if you have any problems, have them occur within the 1 year warranty!
    Blues/Rock/Classic Rock Junkie!

Guitars:
    -Agile AL-2800 Dlx Les Paul
    -Fender MIM Strat
    -Fender DG-8 Acoustic
    Amps:
    -Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
    -Kustom 10W Practice Amp
    Pedals:
    -DigiTech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

I've played my AD50VT now twice at country gigs. It's works incredibly well - I get very nice country tones on the AC30 or Tweed 4x10 setting, and then I use the Bad Mo' for leads. I had my tube amp along for backup, but the Vox didn't have any issues. Vox did something very right when they built the Valvetronix amps!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Sooooo, you're a "country slinger" now, Robert??!! Hey, gigging is cool no matter what you're doing. I'm also interested to hear what's in your setlist, primarily because of a recent post I did (Open Mic - Anyone else have this problem. . .) Uptempo country stuff is a gas to play, and I'm finding more of it to noodle around on these days than I ever have.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm all over the place musically. I like to be able to just jump in and play songs that don't take forever to learn. Blues and country often lets me do that. Although, I had to sit down and transcribe some Brent Mason-type licks...

I'll post our cover set list somewhere later, but just to mention some of the artists - Terri Clark, Shania Twain, Jo Dee Messina, Faith Hill, Steve Earle, Dire Straits, Gretchen Wilson, John Cougar Mellencamp.

Post Thanks / Like

MMM... Country

I really HATED country in my youth but now I really love playing it, and it´s really challenging to play those banjo rolls and double stops.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tremoloman, what happened to your AD50VT? Did you get rid of it or are you still enjoying it?