Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Miami-Ace in the Place

Thread: Miami-Ace in the Place

Post Thanks / Like

Default Miami-Ace in the Place

Hello, fellow players. I'm someone who is moving from beginner status into intermediate territory (moveable barre chords and hammer-ons with the pinky are no longer daunting). I like this forum and think highly of Robert. Although this is a free forum, I plan to buy some of Robert's premium video lessons as a way of providing a little monetary support to his efforts.

I currently own six guitars, but only have room for five. I'm selling my Yamaha AES720 double-humbucker to get down to the house carrying limit of five. I also have an early '70s Yamaha FG-160 acoustic (great tone, slightly stiff action) and two Squier Telecasters and one "real" Fender Strat and a Fender Tele.

I am a semi-retired journalist who now has enough time to actually work hard at becoming a better guitarist. My wife and I travel a lot. We've been in all 48 contiguous American states together and quite a few foreign countries. Other interests include baseball (we've seen games in about three dozen major league stadiums), playing chess and hiking, camping, boating, birding etc.

We live in Miami, FL, which is one of the world's fascinating cities. You all should come down some time, after all it's so close to the United States!!
    Highest Regards From Miami-Ace

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Fret, Miami-Ace! It's a very friendly place.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret, Miami-Ace. You have a nice selection of gear, and anyone who has all of those interests can't be too bad (I share most of 'em, as you might guess! ).

While I support my home team Astros, I'm also a big Phillies fan. That comes with marrying a girl from South Jersey! I hope you've made it to the Houston ball park in your travels.

I think you'll enjoy this place.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome, Ace!

Also, a sincere thank you for your nice comments about what I do.

Enjoy your new found home here!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there travelin man. Welcome to your next journey. The one that is worthy of enjoying the ride...playing guitar. It's always a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami-Ace
    We live in Miami, FL, which is one of the world's fascinating cities. You all should come down some time, after all it's so close to the United States!!
    Uhh,...will we need language lessons or sumthin?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to TheFret, Ace! A Miami Journalist, huh? Say "Hi" for me to Dave Barry next time you bump into him at some regional journalistic function!

(P.S. You really need to find room for a Les Paul in that house somewhere, esp. if you're selling the Yamaha.... )
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard from another (former) Miamian! Born (1950) and raised in Opa Locka - Miami. If you've been in Miami for quite a few years, you must know of Ace Music! THE only musical instrument shop in those parts for years! (I'm wondering if the "Ace" in your name has anything to do with that?)

G
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome Ace!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Miami-Ace
    If you should decide to leave and be the last out, don't forget to bring the flag.

I kid. My brother lives in Kendall and has a sign shop down near Briar Bay. You've probably seen his work around town.

Bienvenidos!