Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Ultimate Squier Classic Vibe Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ultimate Squier Classic Vibe Thread

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Knowing that you like the 60th Anni, you will really like the CVC. You just can't go wrong with this guitar. I still am amazed that they can sell this and the Classic vibe Strat for that money. I am waiting for a Black top Strat now.
    They won't be in Canada for another 40 to 50 days.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, Zman, that's the way I view it too. I am excited for it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I happen to know I will be receiving for Christmas most of what I need to bring this baby home. I will probably be able to do it next time I get to Boise in January or so. Sweeettt!!! I just need to sell a couple of my items, and I can probably hang onto my EH Little Big Muff, which I really did not want to get rid of.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Well, I happen to know I will be receiving for Christmas most of what I need to bring this baby home. I will probably be able to do it next time I get to Boise in January or so. Sweeettt!!! I just need to sell a couple of my items, and I can probably hang onto my EH Little Big Muff, which I really did not want to get rid of.
    I love it when a plan comes together. One thing to note I had them put 10 D'Addarios on mine, and set the intonation. It really plays well. That is one of the problems with the 3 saddle bridge. It is harder to set the intonation as close as a 6 saddle. I was told by my tech that if I didn't like the 3 saddle you can swap in a 6 saddle very easy with a fender bridge. So far so good. I checked the intonation after 6 months and it is still spot on.
    I don't know how to explain it but with the 3 saddle bridge the 10s don't seem as heavy, but ring out very nicely. They actually feel like 9s on my strats.
    When you get over just staring at it, and start playing it you will really love the tone you get. I am sure it will sound really sweet through your vintage Fender.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was thinking 10s would go on, as they do on my strat. They told me they would set it up, so I will just have them put my usual D'Addarios on there. Good to know about the bridge and set up.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer 10's on a Tele, 'cuz they can tend to sound a bit thin with 9's, being a brighter sounding guitar to begin with. YMMV....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Time to bring on some GAS... Found this used USA Standard Tele in natural that is haunting me.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

My 2008 Tele CV50

-- Joe --
    Guitars:
    Gibson: '08 Longhorn DC HS
    Martin: '09 OM-1
    Ovation: '07 Elite-T 1868T; '95 Celebrity Deluxe CC257; '95 Balladeer 1751 12-string
    Fender: '91 Stratocaster Plus; '69 Mustang Competition; '08 Squier Telecaster CV50
    Other: '77 Bradley Les Paul Custom; '03 Michael Kelly Patriot Q
    Bass: '08 Dean EABC
    Effects:
    MXR Dyna Comp; Dunlop Crybaby; DOD TR3R; Ibanez MT10; Rockman Soloist
    Amps:
    Genz Benz Shenandoah Jr.; Peavey Studio Pro 110; Tascam MP-GT1

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

2008, were they even available then? Man, time flies and I'm getting older by the minute!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great thread and a lovely bunch of nice guitars, I really love the Telecaster's they have such a great vintage vibe
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a Squier CV Tele Custom. I'm going to change the pups. But was wondering if I need to replace the nut??? Has anyone done that?

Post Thanks / Like

Before I changed the PUPs I would play it for a while. I think they are pretty damn good as is. I have changed nothing on mine. I had contemplated a 6 saddle bridge but the stock bridge is really good. They say that are hard to intonate but mine is perfect.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Riverrick-

Why are you gonna change the pups? Just curious.

It's possible that the nut on your guitar was cut incorrectly... Are there any buzzing issues?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cv

Yeah Riverick, those stock pickups are supposed to be real decent.

I just put a set of Fender Vintage Noiseless tele pickups in one of my tele's and it doesn't sound like a traditional tele, but it sounds real neat. I have two Fender teles with stock pickups and they twang way more.

If you put in new pickups you might want to know, if you don't already, that those are thought by some to be actually made by a real good pickup company, so if I was going to replace them I sure wouldn't get GFS ones or any cheap ones. Seymour Duncans or something would be a different story, but we don't know what your ideas are for new pickups at this point; and it's your call anyway right? It's your guitar and you can do whatever you want to it.

Guys are just mentioning that the stock pickups are considered by most to be real decent pickups, way better than one would expect.

I can't complain, because I put a set of Fender Custom Shop Texas Specials in my Lake Placid Blue Classic Vibe 50's and an white pearl pickguard. I just put Fender brushed nickel locking tuners on it too. I guess it isn't supposed to be a CV anymore, but going by the serial number I guess it still is, just modified.

Congratulations on the great new guitar.

By the way, just in my opinion, for my own use, nothing to do with your choice of pickups, I think a set of hot Seymour Duncan dual rail humbucking tele pickups would be really neat in a tele. That would be a totally different sound from a traditional tele, for sure.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

I was considering Rio Grande Vintage tallboy for the neck & Muy grande for bridge. I just figured that a guitar that cost under $400 had to have some crap parts on it. Maybe I'm all wet after hearing whats been said here. Thanks for the input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123