Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

The Ultimate Squier Classic Vibe Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Squier Classic Vibe Thread

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Ultimate Squier Classic Vibe Thread

I changed the stock strings on my Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster today. I had a bit of buzzing with 9s. I think a couple of frets weren't perfect in height. I tightened the truss rod and slapped 10s on it, and now it's much better. Here are some shots I took today. The tweed Fender Pro Junior goes well with this guitar, yes?

(You can see more at http://picasaweb.google.com/Dolphins...50sTelecaster#)

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice!!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great shots with the tweed Fender and black background.

I had to settle for the ol' fence in the back yard shots.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I put a fresh set of 10's on my CV '50's Tele this weekend when I made the pickguard and neck pickup change. Been enjoying mine tuned to open G, run through my modified Blues Junior with a bit of overdrive. Been learning some of my favorite Black Crowes tunes on it. Since we're posting pics here:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob that came out nice! I got one of the first ones that came out at a killer price. Best Telecaster I've ever owned and played.

Last edited by duhvoodooman; July 13th, 2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Hey, Tone--I made the photo mo' bigger for ya! -- DVM
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, had a bit of fret buzz on my Classic Vibe Tele. At first I thought it was because I was doing some less than perfect fretting on the bass E string. But I soon found out it was buzzing a little when played completely open.

My CV Tele looks exactly like Robert's, BTW. I did not go to 10s, however. I tweaked the height of the brass bridge bar. I had to retune, but it did not mess up the intonation. And the buzz seems to be completely gone.

I might consider going to 10s at some time, but I have a Blackout Deluxe Tele that I'm playing with 10s on it and like having the two guitars sound quite a bit different, as they do now.

I play a lot through Korg processors, but I have enjoyed playing the CV Tele through an Art tube preamp (a fantastic $30 bargain) and a Marshall MGR 15 amp with a little bit of the amp's own reverb. I use the preamp to take the digital edge off the Marshall's sound and the preamp makes it very easy to calibrate just the right amount of overdrive. I love the slightly warm, slightly gritty twanging of the Tele with this combination of gear.
    Highest Regards From Miami-Ace

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool Pickguard on CV Tele

Hey I like that sparkly, tortoise-shell look on the Hopeless Tinkerer's Tele. Say, where did you get that?
    Highest Regards From Miami-Ace

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Robert, if you wanted to add neck relief, wouldn't you loosen the truss rod? I'm asking, because I think I need just a tiny hair of relief added to my MiM Tele Squier.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    Robert, if you wanted to add neck relief, wouldn't you loosen the truss rod? I'm asking, because I think I need just a tiny hair of relief added to my MiM Tele Squier.
    Yes you are correct.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miami-Ace
    Hey I like that sparkly, tortoise-shell look on the Hopeless Tinkerer's Tele. Say, where did you get that?
    http://store.guitarfetish.com/tepitoshcucu.html
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah yes. I also LOVE my classic vibe strat now it's been heavily improved as I posted earlier:

Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I ordered a mint green one from GFS. I had to modify the little arc that goes around the control plate a bit to get it to fit on my MiM Tele (Squier Series).

Post Thanks / Like

Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I stopped almost the only remaining guitar store in Boise, (GC), and was specifically looking for a used distortion for my son, and wanted to check out the CV teles. They did not have a 50's in stock, but I tried the custom with the 3 tone sunburst. It was a beautiful guitar, played great, felt really nice in my hands, and produced some really nice tones through the used C-30 I plugged into. I wanted to use an amph I was used to. The guitar was warmer sounding than I expected, and produced some really nice jazzy tones rolling back the tone a bit, and with flip of the switch and dialing up the tone, spank to spare.

Now I am really gassing for one. I was interested in DVM's neck bucker mod, but I don't think I will be in a rush. The neck sounded better than the last tele I remember playing. I still want to play a 50s next to the Custom, but I could see bringing a Custom home, whereas before I was only interested in the 50s. Now it is whatever one I like better when it is time to buy. They did not have a thinline to check out.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is a vid of the type I played today:

And the same guy with a 50's

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just tipping you guys off that Guitar Center had the CV Tele Custom on sale for $299 as part of their Rocktober sale. I am short by around half at this point, but that is a nice little price reduction on an already nice value. I did not see what price they had the 50's for or if it was also on sale as this store did not have one in. It must be in store only as I do not see that price online.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; October 26th, 2010 at 06:35 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Custom

That custom is a nice guitar, top and bottom binding on the body.

The price is better than I have ever seen.

Plus I hear there is a thirty dollar off coupon in the rockoberfest flyer bringing it down to less than 270 without tax.

I'm going to look around here and see if any of these GC's have any of the customs. I bet that would sound great with some EMG T noiseless pickups in it.

My problem with teles is that with my high gain capablilities I get a LOT of noise from standard single coils, cranked up a bit. Therefore, I have been playing humbuckers, like in my new Agile top/bottom bound AL 3100 and my Epi SG's. My Michael Kelly with Rockfield direct mounts is sitting up against the amps waiting to get played. These sound good with high gain, low noise.
    But I want some single coil noiseless tone. I also want to get a real nice tele like the custom.

Living in Idaho SVL, don't you NEED a cowboy guitar? I know about trying to make it happen when I'm low on funds, but that deal is incredible.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

SVL - I actually like the sound of the 50s best out of both those videos. I hope that doesn't mess you up.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm. I wish there was one of each at the store. But I really liked the Custom at the store, and felt it had a nice, warm, sweet neck tone that responded well to the tone knob. It may be that I am in the minority here too as I was with the CV strats. Everyone seemed to pick the 50s, whereas I seemed to like the 60s better.

In any case, I originally was thinking about changing out the neck pup anyway to a humbucker or something. But when I played it in the store, my thought was I did not need to be in any big hurry to do so.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast