Thread: Are you happy with your current gear?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Ok, this thread is about satisfaction with your guitar gear, not measurements. But even so, while I get how the metric system makes sense, I just enjoy ordering a Pint, or better yet, an Imperial Pint much more than something like a liter of Guinness. BTW, while I am generally satisfied with the beer that has been in my fridge, I am GASing for some replacement units.
    While we're diverging anyway...

I had a party a few weeks ago with 50+ people, and bought 4 cases of beer for it. At the end of the night, a total of 25 beers had been drunk. Only 25 beers!!

So we got to take home 3 cases of mixed beers, which brings the total in the basement to something like 7 cases of beer. Wowie. I guess that's what you get for not being able to buy 6-packs in PA...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    While we're diverging anyway...

I had a party a few weeks ago with 50+ people, and bought 4 cases of beer for it. At the end of the night, a total of 25 beers had been drunk. Only 25 beers!!

So we got to take home 3 cases of mixed beers, which brings the total in the basement to something like 7 cases of beer. Wowie. I guess that's what you get for not being able to buy 6-packs in PA...

The BEER distributor is your friend.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    ...I had a party a few weeks ago with 50+ people, and bought 4 cases of beer for it. At the end of the night, a total of 25 beers had been drunk. Only 25 beers!!...
    50+ people, 25 beers drunk. You call that a party?
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    50+ people, 25 beers drunk. You call that a party?
    My circle of acquaintances, I'd need about 20 cases for 50 people and I'd run out of beer. Hell, I've bought three cases just for my personal use last week only, although I've also quite a few left in the fridge. But in the summertime...I can easily gulp down at least a sixpack in the daytime while watching the kids on the beach and another in the afternoon/evening while watching telly with the wife. Not enough to get drunk, but keep a nice warm buzz going & sleep like a baby.

Come to think of it, I suppose I spend much more on beer yearly than gear. Must be something like 1500 or more at least.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    My circle of acquaintances, I'd need about 20 cases for 50 people and I'd run out of beer. Hell, I've bought three cases just for my personal use last week only, although I've also quite a few left in the fridge. But in the summertime...I can easily gulp down at least a sixpack in the daytime while watching the kids on the beach and another in the afternoon/evening while watching telly with the wife. Not enough to get drunk, but keep a nice warm buzz going & sleep like a baby.

Come to think of it, I suppose I spend much more on beer yearly than gear. Must be something like 1500 or more at least.
    Just read today that, according to a Gallup poll, out of 155 countries Finland is the second happiest country. http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-35010143
    Perhaps their typical beer consumption (exemplified by our good man Dee) has something to do with it?

Happy in beer, happy in gear...