Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with your current gear?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to side with the 'I'm happy with what I have' camp. I haven't purchased anything substantial in well over a year now. Most of my playing is on the acoustic, and when I grab an electric it's rarely plugged in. I'm still practising a fair amount, but with recent purchases the family has made, as well as putting aside money for the kids education and our eventual retirement... there's not a lot of $$$ left over.

It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...you guys can envy me!!

I'm kidding actually... jus' trying to fool myself...didn't work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus
    Crappy amp line6 spider III 150, for sale,
    Ha! I think I have that category filled too. Thankfully, my ancient Crate was free from a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy with my guitars and amps. Anything else I might want is simply because it might be unusual or unique in some way that strikes a chord with me.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

That's a difficult question to answer.

What was "current" when I started writing this isn't "current" now because it's now 5-minutes past "current".

So, am I happy...no was I happy, no will I be....

What is past is history...
    What is future does not exist...
    What is "current" is for only a fleeting moment...

So, I'll continue to chase the unattainable dream....

(I'm going to try this one on my wife...cue the Twilight Zone music...de de de de..de de de de)
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some really great gear right now and could live with them for quit some time. HH covered, SSS covered, SS tele covered, HSS covered.
    tube amp, modeling amp, portable amp covered, good bass good bass amp covered. one great multi-effect pedal covered.

wants semi-hollow body HH axe, another HH axe, HSH axe,
    and a low wattage tube amp. But if I never bought another thing I could easily cover all of the sounds in my head and then some.

wants list items
    http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-DN500K
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=518291
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=424038
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=512765
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ead?sku=423553
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...Amp?sku=430759
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...net?sku=480773
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ead?sku=423681
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a semi-hollowbody. I just love the look and sound generally. But I've decided (and told my wife) I won't get anything else until I become a better player.

I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with my amps. I usually use the VT-30, but whenever I play the Cube 15 I think "What an awesome tone." But the Cube 15 doesn't have any effects. So then, I'd need pedals if I just went with that one. But for now, I don't really need anything else and I don't know what else I would get, other than a Cube 30 or 60. Maybe I just need to try a different speaker in the VT-30.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Hound
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a semi-hollowbody. I just love the look and sound generally. But I've decided (and told my wife) I won't get anything else until I become a better player.
    Hmm. Have you set goals for what this means? I've always said something similar to myself, but I never bothered to set metrics I could measure myself against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Hound

Hey, just tell your wife that you WON'T BECOME a better player unless you get that semi-hollowbody guitar!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. I have enough and I like what I have.

...greetings from the home planet.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Tot. Of course your gear is powered by a flux capacitor
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you could say I am more than happy with my gear. I have just about every type of guitar covered. I think though that I have too many guitars and probably 1 or two too many amps. I find I am only playing one or two guitars and I play mainly through my DSL100. I also have a good friend that is also a collector and I can use any of his gear anytime I want. The only thing I don't have is an acoustic and I really don't want one.
    I hadn't touched a guitar for over a month and I started playing again and my fingers are blistered.
    Just to prove I am happy with my gear, I went on vacation for 2 weeks and never even went close to a music store. That is unbelieveable.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I don't have an amp at the moment, I'm not really happy with my gear.

It just ain't the same unplugged on an electric.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm quite happy...but if I won the lottery I'd buy a jmv rig at least...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    I'm quite happy...but if I won the lottery I'd buy.........
    TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN LMAO!!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yup. I have enough and I like what I have.

...greetings from the home planet.
    Good to hear from you tOta!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I have no good reason to lust after electric guitars at the moment. I've got to address pickup issues in the semi-hollow, which if done the way I want, will cost as much as decent used guitar.

My two glaring "needs" are a serious amph, and a Rosewood Dread or a Jumbo.

Amph's...i can make plenty of noise, but they are both basically variations of practice amphs, and given that I seldom play out, they more than meet my home playing "needs" (as in, the neighbors, at this point, still speak to me)
    Still even at home, I'd rather be playing through a 65 Deluxe reissue...*sigh*

the other is the acoustic, I've got a mahogany Larrivee, GREAT guitar, but it's really a fingerstylists guitar, a little quiet and mellow. For strumming and singalong and booming hammerons...the things that carry in an open mic, I feel it's a bit deficient.

Wouldn't you know, just got a line on a Bourgeois built Rosewood Dread... SERIOUS guitar...SERIOUS cash....but very limited run from 15 years ago...ony 150, hand built, hand voiced by Dana.....GAS of the sort that leaves me sleepless, and dreaming of guitars when I do drift....

so I guess the answer to the question is no.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Hmm. Have you set goals for what this means? I've always said something similar to myself, but I never bothered to set metrics I could measure myself against.
    ARGH! There's metrics again! I work in academics, so I hear plenty about metrics. Anyway, I guess right now I'm just thinking about getting through the two books I have and being able to change cords in less than a measure. And I'm only talking about C,G,D,E kind of stuff.

It's been hard because I'm a sucker for a bargain, and I've decided to pass them up for now. Unless a REALLY good one comes along.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Hey, just tell your wife that you WON'T BECOME a better player unless you get that semi-hollowbody guitar!
    Heck, just tell your wife, "Woman, I'm the man and what I say..." and start running. Fast!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast