Thread: Nashville trip

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nashville trip

Went to Nashville GC for the forth of July sale. Happened to be in the area.

Picked out a beautiful MIM std tele. Wound up with a white one with maple board and white pickguard right out of a box, with a beautiful straight grained neck and real nice tone. Played it thru a SCXD. Got a good deal but Tenn has a nine per cent sales tax.

Anyway, I now have a real nice tele from Nashville and that is kind of cool in its own way; value added, at least to me - which is all I care about really, I'm not selling it, I'm upgrading my collection.

I also bought a digitech hardwire reverb pedal that I have been wanting and it sounds real good. I had my Vox DA5 along for the trip and it worked real well, especially with earphones at night. I like those overdrive channels and the compression.

So I now have recently purchased two Fender tele's: a Nashville blonde and the std MIM white one. These are great sounding guitars. You have to give it to those Mexican Fender workers. They make some nice guitars.

I also saw some awesome guitars at that Nashville GC, as you can imagine. I saw an all black with chrome hardware strat that I liked for 499. It had black pup covers and knobs, etc., maple board. They had a bunch of MIM strats selling for like 349, nice ones too. They had the satin black Gibson SG with a hardshell case for 649 that I almost got instead of my intended tele, but I talked myself out of it. That is an awesome satin black SG if you have not seen it in person.

I will get some pictures taken of my new teles and post them here as soon as possible.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Duffy I think since the influx of Chinese and Indonesian guitars lately at such low price points I think the MIMs have been pushed aside somewhat.
    Excellent quality, and really not a bad price point for what you get. I have a MIM 60th Anniversary Strat in Blizzard Pearl that is one sweet guitar. I also owned a Deluxe Player Strat that I wish I hadn't traded now. I miss it a lot.
    Not much of a Tele guy but you have to have a least one! My CV Custom fills that bill. I never rally gave the MIMs a good look when I was buying the tele. Maybe worth another look.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MIM tele

I don't care about the country of origin when it comes to guitars and amps very much. If I had a lot more money I would probably buy as much American as possible; but since I am not rolling in the dough, I like to find quality stuff that looks and plays well and has some reputation to it.

I have several Squiers and Ibanez's, an Xavier LP copy, and want to get an
    Agile LP copy.

This time I wanted a Fender. Name brand type deal and the quality is very good on my MIM Fenders. My far eastern Vox AC15c1 is also seemingly real good as well. I went thru two American made Classic 30's that had serious brand new issues before I decided to change course and try the Vox, which is ulike any of my other amps and a real good sounding amp with the Celestion Greenback and the two channels including Top Boost.

I might get a CV Custom tele one of these days. My bass amps are fine for my new used Fender P bass, a Marshall MB30 and Fender Rumble 100. I wouldn't mind getting a higher class bass amp though, like one of the bigger Marshalls with the tube preamp or a nice Peavey TNT115 or even something nicer. I bought my son a SWR Workingpro 15 that is a real nice bass amp with lots of tone shaping, but these new Marshalls are awesome when it comes to tone shaping.

I would like to see more musical stuff made in Mexico. Does Fender make any of the amps in Mexico?
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats Duffy! I also enjoy my MIM strat. I bet that tele is nice!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The Mexico factory turns out great guitars, without a doubt. It is, after all, a relatively short drive from the main factory in Cali. Mexican factory workers have great incentives to keep quality up while working quickly.

I love my MIM Strat.

Congrats on the Tele, Duff! They are great guitars.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Duffy and They are some great Fenders made in Mexico.
    I love my MIM 06 Strat with direct mounted pups its a keeper for life.

They are several Great Fender guitars made in Mexico on my gas list

Baja Tele
    Blackout Telecaster
    Classic Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin