Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What are you GASsing for next? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you GASsing for next?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus
    djmconnell: I dont exactly know if I'm helping here but check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_BPiScinrk

I've got one on order...
    Wow, that looks very cool! I like my Yamaha too, but I am not sure I have those particular voices. Just looked. Gotta a lot of cool voices, but nothing like these particular sounds.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Just this

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I'll let the gear come to me. Whatever comes along at a good price and adds something to the stable. I've been blessed with waaaaaaaay more guitars than I need, so I don't have any specific GAS targets. I kinda stopped having specific targets awhile back. Better to wait for deals than to obsess over one specific piece as the next acquisition.

At least that's how it works for me.

Last weekend I went to a 3-day party where there were probably 40+ guitars available for all to play, and a lot of them were not mine. I ended up playing one of mine (either guitar or bass, or mandolin) probably 80% of the time, though I did make sure to finally play a Ric bass someone brought. And some of those amps were truly bosstastic.

Btw, for anyone who hasn't seen pics from the party, including a couple shots showing the crazy amount of gear there, check the weekend thread:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=8893&page=40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    I'll let the gear come to me. Whatever comes along at a good price and adds something to the stable. I've been blessed with waaaaaaaay more guitars than I need, so I don't have any specific GAS targets. I kinda stopped having specific targets awhile back. Better to wait for deals than to obsess over one specific piece as the next acquisition.

At least that's how it works for me.
    I think that's an approach I like. The only thing about it is that it means A) you're always looking, and B) you know what you'd like, at least roughly. Also, you have to be a pretty good shopper who knows what's worth what.

Still, probably something I'll try to adhere to.
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    I think that's an approach I like. The only thing about it is that it means A) you're always looking, and B) you know what you'd like, at least roughly. Also, you have to be a pretty good shopper who knows what's worth what.

Still, probably something I'll try to adhere to.
    It's something I eventually evolved towards. Easy for me to do at this point since I have so much gear. Just starting out, or without much gear, would make it harder. I've gotten so I actually enjoy the horse tradin' aspect of getting a deal almost as much as the gear itself. Teh intranets make discerning value a lot easier nowadays too. I do make a point of checking Craigslist pretty much daily, and going to a couple local pawns semi-regularly, just stop off on the way home from work.

Post Thanks / Like

djmconnell: I dont exactly know if I'm helping here but check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_BPiScinrk

I've got one on order...
    Wow! That sounds pretty much exactly like what I want. The price is about what I would have expected to pay, so saving my pennies. I'll have to put my hands on it.

Let me know what you think when you get yours, Monkus!

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've got one on order...
    That is my dream keyboard. Korg did it perfectly! I doubt I'll have $2000-$2200 free any time soon, though. The days of $2000+ keyboards were left behind in my 20's, unfortunately.

Reality says I'll go with this fantastic playing and sounding Yamaha YPG-635 for $700. I've played a few of these and it is one of those best bang for the buck instruments, kinda like the CV Squiers. I think it's the same as SVL's Yamaha.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, guitar books and knowledge for now. I'm trying to amass a good library. I work all day on PCs and I often game on them as I have for years. I enjoy them, but guitar and running are my two ways to get away from them on a daily basis. I always keep a book or two at work with me so I can look through it when I'm waiting on something or taking a break to eat. My main drive has been to understand the relationships and mathematical side of the guitar.

I accept any recommendations!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Guitar and Running! Are you my twin I never knew about or something?

Guitar and Running are my 2 big interests too, in case you didn't know.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by omegadot
    Honestly, guitar books and knowledge for now. I'm trying to amass a good library. I work all day on PCs and I often game on them as I have for years. I enjoy them, but guitar and running are my two ways to get away from them on a daily basis. I always keep a book or two at work with me so I can look through it when I'm waiting on something or taking a break to eat. My main drive has been to understand the relationships and mathematical side of the guitar.

I accept any recommendations!
    This and this are two things I've found to be helpful.
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Those look good. I just got my iRig, and I am going to get the full app version with the additional amps and pedals etc. so I can play my guitar through my iPhone. So it guess that is the next GAS item, small as it may be.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

A new Brazen Fantasy - If I get it this will be my 30th guitar...

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas

Eric,

The LTD LP copies are contoured bodies, thinner and lighter that regular LPs. Just thought you might want to know if you haven't checked them and you can get EMGs or SD pups on them.

Also, I don't know how you have been enjoying your Agile, but they have the chambered Agile LP copies out now, probably a lot lighter.

I just bought a MIM tele that isn't too heavy and is a great playing, feeling guitar, not to mention the classic tele sound.

My Marshall MB30 practice bass amp is great for home use. Two channels, compression, lots of tweakability and only 199 for a great bass practice amp. Holds the sound of a five string with no snap crackle or pop; no small feat for a bass amp when playing that big B string on a five string, if you ever wind up getting one. Five strings are demanding when it comes to amps.

I would like to get an Agile 3xxx LP copy or settle for a 2500 maybe in trans blue flame or honey sunburst.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12