Thread: Led Zep DVD

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Led Zep DVD

I always have had a special place for the Fillmore album and have the CD. When it first came out we grooved on it every day. That was one of those albums that grew the more you listened to it, and still has that character. I really like the ABB stuff with Duane Allman in it. Of course, there never would have been an Allman Brothers Band if it wasn't for Duane Allman and possibly Dickey Betts. Maybe Betts will show back up for some guest performances or get reunited someday. But then again, time waits for no one and there can't be an Allman Brothers Band without Gregg. Hope that dude is doing alright.

Anyway, I picked up the DVD called Led Zepellin and am more than totally blown away. It costs about thirty dollars but is worth it, historical for sure. All I can say is, "My God", these performances are unbelievable. Page is incredible, really incredible, along with the rest of the band. Needless to say, John Bonham is more than incredible.

Page on that Black LP is something to see and hear.

Back in the old days of Zep it's easy to see where their roots came from, even though they took it WAY beyond anything that had been before.

Check it out if you get a chance.

It is just called simply, Led Zepellin DVD.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the one with the Royal Albert Hall performances back in '70?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zep

Oh Yeah!
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    There can't be an Allman Brothers Band without Gregg. Hope that dude is doing alright.

Anyway, I picked up the DVD called Led Zepellin and am more than totally blown away. It costs about thirty dollars but is worth it, historical for sure. All I can say is, "My God", these performances are unbelievable.
    I saw Gregg last year and he was lookin' and soundin' as good as ever. Been taking care of himself quite well it seems.
    Flipside, a friend owns the late 60s Tele Duane gave Gregg, and brought it down to the show to authenticate it 100%. Not for sale, but should an offer be made one couldn't refuse... Gregg offered him $500...

The Zep DVD is well worth $30, just great footage. Priceless!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zep DVD

Msteeln,

Don't know if you heard, but Gregg had to cancel Crosssroads Blues Festival because he had to have an emergency liver transplant. He had it close to a month ago. He had been on the waiting list for some time and his name came up so he went to Jacksonville Mayo Clinic and had it done without hesitation.

It has been suggested that he may be able to start performing again in November, but you know how that goes.

I wish the best for him and hope he is doing well with the new liver. No small thing here, to say the least. You can't live without a liver, so prayers, if you so believe, or whatever are probably a good idea.

Maybe you knew, I don't know. No offense if you did.

That Led Zep DVD is really good. That black LP was awesome and Page was awesome on it, bigsby and all. Nothing like that reissue that the put out earlier in the year or so. I'm surprised he agreed to back that reissue. Doesn't even look like his black one. And DEFINITELY can't sound any where near like the old one.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they'll ever find that guitar. Maybe someone will get ahold of it somehow and give it back to him.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite DVD in my collection. Second place would be the Rory Gallagher Live at Montreux double DVD

Top moments to me: Royal Albert Hall 1970, Denmarks's Radio, Acoustic set at Earl's Court 1975, Achilles Last Stand at Knebworth 1979.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    Msteeln,
    Don't know if you heard, but Gregg had to cancel Crosssroads Blues Festival because he had to have an emergency liver transplant.
    Wow, thanx for the bad/good news, Duffy, I had no idea, never heard a word about that.
    Maybe the years of hard living did catch up...
    Best of luck to Gregg, one of the ultimate voices in rock history.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dvd

Yeah Msteeln, It came up quick and you don't hesitate when you get chosen to receive a donated liver transplant.

If you listen to the words and songs on, Hittin' the Note you can infer that his life of hard living and chasing dreams and living like a kid had taken a toll on him, and he expresses it literally and with the blues.

Listen to Old Before My Time, and High Cost of Low Living, These songs tell stories of tolls on your health.

You know we all came from differnet places and experienced different things; we can't change that. The things we did have left their marks on us, unquestionably. Some of us look back on many days of hard drinking, smoking, ETC. Don't forget the ETC., no one even has any idea what the long term side effects of the ETC. might be, or have had. No one studied the effects of the ETC. It was an underground type thing that is still hidden and denied even today, for obvious reasons - but for some of us it happened and all combined has taken its toll in whatever of many different ways that it happened to take.

Last I heard he was making a good recovery and looking forward to many more happy years. Evidently he had been clean for quite some time prior to the surgery; but being highly private and secretive one would never know.

Still watching that Zep DVD. Over five hours long.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.