Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demo of the Amplitube iRig

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Demo of the Amplitube iRig

Here's me playing with the iRig for the first time! :cool

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Here's some important documentation....Of course I'll skip that as always" ..... Love it!!
    Great Demo, you should download the full version - the fender amp model is very nice.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just got mine, and will download the full version tonight. I don't have a guitar here with me to try it out, so will have to wait. Looks fun!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The full version is $19.99 right?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

What will they think of next? Trying to think of how it might be useful as opposed to fanciful, but nonetheless pretty cool. It helps if you can play the hell out of the guitar.
    Guess portability is the big deal, but you'd need some speakers on your trip? Wonder how it sounds through phones?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think so, i purchased in euro for €15.99. You can also just add individual amps and effects to the free version but it works out more expensive that way.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helliott
    What will they think of next? Trying to think of how it might be useful as opposed to fanciful, but nonetheless pretty cool. It helps if you can play the hell out of the guitar.
    Guess portability is the big deal, but you'd need some speakers on your trip? Wonder how it sounds through phones?
    I am going to use it mostly as a headphone amph. I will also use it through speakers, or into an amph, but my first thought was what a great practice tool in my phone. I am going to try out my nicer headphones, but also you can use just your iPhone headphones, and really have nothing else to bring with you other than the phone you would already have, the little iRig connector, your cable and your guitar. I like that a lot better than hauling a separate headphone amp with a power cord or a bunch of big batteries, etc.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I got it hooked up, and downloaded the full app. Really nice! Love it so far. I have only had a little time tonight, but will report more later. I really love the Fender model right now. The tubescreamer works just like it should with it. It was easy to set it up for a bit of drive on lead, and roll back the volume on the strat and it cleans right up for chord work. No latency that I could notice. Very cool!

Great demo Robert! I look forward to seeing what you come up with using it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

How does this affect your battery life??
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have only had it a night, but it is known to use battery life. I will get back to you with real world experience once I have had it a while.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is your best demo yet. Very cool technology!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

More more more, Robert! We're very impressed even though you tossed aside our carefully-crafted VERY important documentation!!!

I see you've posted here, sunvalleylaw, which is great - I was worrying about you in the other thread.

Post Thanks / Like

haha, glad you like! I was honest - who reads the "important information" anyway...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds awesome! If I had an iPhone I'd get one in a flash!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Sounds awesome! If I had an iPhone I'd get one in a flash!
    iPhone and flash in the same sentence? UH OH!!!

If you ever pick up an iPod Touch it works well on the latest generation of those too. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi IK, yeah, I posted in this thread as it was up. I am really enjoying this so far. I do not find any noticeable latency, the sounds are really nice, and the product is doing what I want it to mostly.

I find that sometimes it is hard to get connected properly to import songs. The address you need to log on to does not want to come up. Any advice there? Other than that, it is great!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I also had some trouble getting songs to load, but seem to have worked it out. For some reason I am not getting as much output as I had hoped. With the headphone output on the Iphone cranked and the amp (in the free version) volume cranked and gain at about mid, the sound is just about audible. Any more gain and it gets too noisy with buzz. The songs I imported seem to play with enough volume but not the guitar. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mapka
    I also had some trouble getting songs to load, but seem to have worked it out. For some reason I am not getting as much output as I had hoped. With the headphone output on the Iphone cranked and the amp (in the free version) volume cranked and gain at about mid, the sound is just about audible. Any more gain and it gets too noisy with buzz. The songs I imported seem to play with enough volume but not the guitar. Any suggestions?
    Since different parts of the connector make contact with different parts of the jack on the iPhone/device, it sounds like the output ring is making contact correctly (thus you can hear the songs playing) but there may be something preventing solid contact with the input ring (this has happened a lot).

You should make sure the input jack on your device is clean. This has happened to many, including myself. Proper contact will not be made if there is dust/lint/etc in there. This happens quite frequently to devices that dwell in pockets often (I'm a big offender there and had to clean mine out). Also make sure that it is properly seated.

Note that if you are using iPhone 4 there is an update coming as some low volume issues can be found on this device. Also with iOS 4 (on any of the compatible devices) the "Volume Limit" functionality works for ALL apps not just iPod/iTunes like it had in the past so please do turn this off.

Also, if you are not using headphones (but perhaps multimedia speakers, output to an amp, mixer, etc) please turn off - carefully - the NO FEEDBACK setting.

You can also please ensure that you are adjusting the device volume using the side buttons but only AFTER you hook up the iRig and it is recognize and produces output.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

oops and forgot to mention - check out this quick audio demo with guitars done in AmpliTube iRig: http://bit.ly/steeleirig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast