Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Fender 60th Anniversary guitars

Thread: Fender 60th Anniversary guitars

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 60th Anniversary Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    There were also two Made in Mexico Anniversary models in Blizzard Pearl.
    A strat with a maple board and a precision bass. These came with the Jewelled inlay and stamped neck plate as well. The Strat had Tex Mex pickups an Alder body, and came with a special commemorative 50th Anniversary logo gig bag.
    If you do not have one of these all you have is a fender guitar that was made in the 60th year.
    Every one is calling their guitars 60th Anniversary models, and this leads to confusion.
    I just thought I might clear that up.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

Hello ZMan !!! I have two electric acoustic guitars and a little MG10 and Ive been having fun playing my Breedlove 12 string through the marshall and never had any longings for a solid body type of guitar. I was looking through craigslist one day, and I saw this picture of a "60 Diamond Anniversary"
    Fender strat for 400 bucks. There was something about the white color
    that made me have instant GAS (just learned that yesterday online) LOL

I called the guy up and he still had the guitar. I told him how my truck was in the shop having its engine rebuilt (4500 bucks later) and that my wife was at work and could he bring it to me for an extra 20 bucks for gasoline. He agreed. He had bought it brand new 4 years ago and had played it twice.
    Talk about Brand new and MINT looking!!! I got it and loved it. I changed the strings as these were 4 years old, and I went with light gage nylon wrapped ( just to try em out) and I got a used Marshall MG30FX, and I picked up a boss 0s/2 and a RC/2.

I was going to sell it to buy a American Standard, but I decided not to and will keep it as its so nice and sounds so nice to play.

Ive seen a blue on on ebay that has all the same markings, so I did not know
    if that diamond plate with the 60 on the back of the blue one means that they did make a blue and a white Blizzard?????

Well I am very glad I bought mine and I feel like I got a good deal for what I got.

Thanks for the info.........Mike

************************************************** *****************************************

Well a few years have gone by and I owned 7 guitars until I mailed one to my Son in the Marine Corps in California and gave it
    to him as He is a darn good player and He needed something to play. I bought a Taylor 314 and liked it more anyway then the
    Ovation I sent to Dan.

I spent the 400 for the guitar and gig bag and was happy for a long time, but having 6 guitars, and especially a American Strat with
    a butter neck, I did not really play the 2006 much at all. Eventually I changed two of the tex mex pups to make the guitar a HSH
    and I put a push/pull pot and a blender and made it so the super switch could make it have 10 sounds and not just 5.
    Now Im into Gibson's and les Pauls, and I put my strat for sale with a brand new Fender case for 500 bucks. I have about 762 into it now
    and its still in like new condition. The sound is amazing, but yet I feel that 6 guitars is too many and Im trying to get rid of three
    in order to afford a American Gibson Standard for 2013. Three is enough for me !!! If I dont sell it, no big deal, its still a beauty !!!

http://s968.photobucket.com/albums/a...wasHSSonly.jpg
    Last edited by ctguy1955; February 4th, 2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Time has passed and the guitar was changed.