Thread: I Need Your Help!!!!!! Tele Project

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Need Your Help!!!!!! Tele Project

ok, i'm building a custom tele, got the body and neck on order, and tho it will be a little time before its all put together, I am starting drawing up my plan for pickups and wiring now. Here is my question, I am putting in a double humbucker setup (this guitar is going to replace my les paul) and I was wondering about whether a 4 way tele switch will work ( neck, N/B in parallel, bridge, N/B in series). what does series and parallel do? Also curious about doing coil tap pots on it. Any suggestions, feedback? Holler at me, this is a custom guitar and I never plan to get rid of it, and I want it perfect. I play a lot of blues and classic rock, some new stuff and I love to experiment with my pedals (kind of a pedal junkie). HELP ME!!!!! I'm confused and really want some direction to research all of this stuff. THANKS FRETTERS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

www.deaf-eddie.net answers all your wiring questions with some background on what's happening and sound samples.
    Eddie publishes a PRS 5-way plan with a Fender super switch, that'll give you Gibson, tele and strat type tones from a single switch.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience