Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Baritone RG build

Thread: New Baritone RG build

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Baritone RG build

Hey guys, im new here, I just posted an intro in the fret players section.

Just started a new build the other day. Its a 27.5" Baritone RG Copy
    Mahogany body and neck, bloodwood fingerboard and floyd rose.
    Thought id post some pics, let me know your thoughts guys. Id love the feedback.

Body after routing:

Trussrod installed

Fingerboard wit binding made up of .5mm black veneer and .5mm bloodwood veneer

Neck taper rough cut and headstock thinned out on the bandsaw.

Ive since glued the fingerboard on and will rout the neck to final taper on the weekend. Also hopefully get the neck carved and the neck pocket routed.

Let me know what yas think. Id love some feedback.
    Thanks guys,
    Chris
    Last edited by ibanez_85; July 28th, 2010 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Mistake

Post Thanks / Like

Got a bit more work done today. Neck taper finished and the neck pocket routed. Neck pocket is a great fit. Really really snug.

Hogged out most of the stock wit a forstner bit

Then routed the rest out. Turned out really good. VERY snug fit!

Ill get the pups and the floyd rose routed tomorrow and hopefully the neck carve.

Thoughts anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Got the floyd and the pup routs done today. One of the stud posts was off a little so i routed out that section and glued another block in. Ill redrill it tomorrow. Apart from that it went really well

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dang, this is the real deal... A completely hand made guitar!
    Looks like you are on track for something special. I'm looking forward to the next steps.

I'll be lucky to assemble pre-made parts together!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, thanks for the reply Tig.
    I was beginning to think no one was paying attention.

It takes some work and LOTS of reading and learning, but once its finished and ur playing it, it really is rewarding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez_85
    Haha, thanks for the reply Tig.
    I was beginning to think no one was paying attention.

It takes some work and LOTS of reading and learning, but once its finished and ur playing it, it really is rewarding!
    Well, I'm about the only US Fretter up this time of night. I work weekend nights, which puts me close to Aussie/Kiwi time!

I do IT security support for our Euro/Africa/Middle East/Singapore/Australia employees (several employees at Perth).
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Ah fair enuf. Luckily for me its saturday nite so I can kick back and relax. Sunday is my day off so im quietly sitting back wit a few cold ones lol

Post Thanks / Like

Got some more done on this today.Carved the neck and also done the inlays the other day.

Rough cut on the bandy

Carve

More pics

And the inlays wit the board radiused..Rough sanded to 800 so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's coming right along! Good job! Should be pretty cool when you're done. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers mate. Its gettin there. Just trying to decide wat kind of carve or bevels to do on the body..Wont be too much as i want it to be pretty simple..Ive got comission builds to start so I wanna get this one out of the way lol