Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

my hopefully soon to be evh strat

Thread: my hopefully soon to be evh strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default my hopefully soon to be evh strat

I guy locally is selling a MIM fender strat with Tuners: Gotoh 1:13 Ratio Machines, Wilkinson Roller Nut, Fender 6-Point Bridge,Tremelo: Pickups: Dragonfire EVH Humbucker for 150 bucks. So Im jumping on this thing tomarrow. It also Has anyone heard of dragonfire pickups? heresthe custom paint job to!
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman ic300(sadly sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Fender 12 String Acoustic
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Old Silvertone steel Guitar (50's)
    Samick Bass stingray copy
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)
    Jordan entertainer 110 (72)
    Fender usa strat (stolen)

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme (Qotsa)

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else think this is a good buy im super excited to go look at it tomarrow.
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme (Qotsa)

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, it seems like a good deal

Even if it ain't that great, I'm sure the parts alone will fetch you a return, or you can make your own Frankenstrat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As long as it feels and sounds good, it looks like a good deal.

Warning: This guitar may change your wardrobe!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default pulled the trigger

Well on my way to get it he almost went back on the deal saying he wanted to keep it but then said he'd let it go. I basicly played it for a minute and forked over the money. It also came with a stand and case. Brought it home and the pickup actually sounds really good. The paint job well isnt very good at all, and when he sanded it kinda over sanded the back contour and that edge is less defined. The neck plays great I think Im going to add a tele pickup at the neck and definatly repainting it. And I cuaght myself trying to put on spandex after playing it for a while so I have to be care full on that one Thanks Tig! hah
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)

Post Thanks / Like

It may just be me, but something looks amiss here. That does not look like a MIM Strat to me. I understand customizing something, but why would you remove the Fender Strat Logo and the serial number from the headstock? Those are what make a MIM have any real value. For 150 bucks tho, if you like how it plays then you got your moneys worth.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Default logo

Yeah those were my thoughts exactly, but the neck feels like a fender and the thickness of the body is correct, he also had a picture of him with it before he "modded" it. I would have kept the logo for sure im going to make a waterslide but wish it was the original.
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)

Post Thanks / Like

As long as it plays well, and you like it, I think it's a great deal. Congratulations! I've been curious about those Dragonfire pickups. How do you like the sound?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Warning: This guitar may change your wardrobe!

[/QUOTE]

And your hairdew!!! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Haha yeah Sumi thank god I shaved my head Becuase that perm is just so tempting! haha And the pickup is surprisingly very good very full good metal tone. I ahve alot of plans for this git, Im thinking a tele custom-like pickguard maybe even a tele bridge with that humbucker and a tele neck pup, so basicaly a stratatele, but who know, Im going to sand off the paint and stain the wood if the grain looks good and lacuer it, Il have some major questions when I get into that
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)