Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Its a BOY!

Thread: Its a BOY!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Its a BOY!

Well we found out the gender of the baby yesterday and its a beautiful baby boy, so excitied for tmy first child!
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman ic300(sadly sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Fender 12 String Acoustic
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Old Silvertone steel Guitar (50's)
    Samick Bass stingray copy
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)
    Jordan entertainer 110 (72)
    Fender usa strat (stolen)

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme (Qotsa)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats! I have two boys myself now, one 5 years and the other 9 months old, and they're literally everything to me. But much as I love them, can't wait for the young un to grow up a little so I could get _some_ peace and quiet round here for a change ;-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats! I have 2 daughters. Kids are amazing. A great big PITA sometimes, but amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, man!

Get all the sleep you can get now. When the baby comes, you're gonna need it!

Being a dad is the most rewarding thing on the planet. Use whatever family support system you have, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

And buy Boudreaux's Butt Paste. It works on chafing and diaper rash. Seriously.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Congrats, man!

Get all the sleep you can get now. When the baby comes, you're gonna need it!

Being a dad is the most rewarding thing on the planet. Use whatever family support system you have, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

And buy Boudreaux's Butt Paste. It works on chafing and diaper rash. Seriously.
    We made our own butt paste with Aquafor and Maalox liquid. Put them in the Kitchen-Aid and let them mix for like 30 minutes (they are damn near immiscible). Stuff works pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    We made our own butt paste with Aquafor and Maalox liquid. Put them in the Kitchen-Aid and let them mix for like 30 minutes (they are damn near immiscible). Stuff works pretty good.

This forum is TRULY and unbelievable and unique resource!!! LOL
    Where was that recipe when I needed it!

Congratulations, I send my little girl off to college in 2 weeks....the last 18 years flies by my eyes a couple of times a week lately. Truly, you will never be involved in anything more challenging, more heart wrenching, more fun, or more worthwhile. Enjoy the ride.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats indeed. Much happiness coming your way.

Kimo, I feel for you. My second is about to head off to university as well. Not sure how the Lovely Wife is going to adapt to a big empty house. Gotta review the phone plans.
    Seize The Fish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulation! You are on the path to the Best Job in the World!

It will challenge you and frustrate you, but the rewards are priceless.
    When we see our children as gifts to the world that are raised to become self reliant, compassionate adults that make the world better, we tend to do a pretty good job.

Or as my Dad says, "Kids turn out really well despite our best attempts to raise them".
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! All the best to you and yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Everyone! Never thought I would ahve to make anything named butt paste in my life but I saved that info for later it will be fun! We are still working on names but the only name we can somewhat agree on is gibson. Ive always wanted one and this little guy is going to be the only one il be able to afford! hah it was actually her idea for a name but im still open for suggestions thanks all!
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman ic300(sadly sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Fender 12 String Acoustic
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Old Silvertone steel Guitar (50's)
    Samick Bass stingray copy
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)
    Jordan entertainer 110 (72)
    Fender usa strat (stolen)

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme (Qotsa)

Post Thanks / Like

I've known someone who named their boy Gibson. I then wondered if the subsequent children would be named something like Gretsch and Musicman.

Oh, and congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    I've known someone who named their boy Gibson. I then wondered if the subsequent children would be named something like Gretsch and Musicman.
    Freddy Fender's parents did that, too!

Congrats, Grunge!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Good on ya, dad! Enjoy fatherhood!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, Grunge! Raising kids is a great adventure, and they reward you with grandchildren! Have fun.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Have fun, and get some sleep now while you still can.

Post Thanks / Like

What a blessing! Congrats.

My second and last goes off to college this fall as well. Sure will be different around here.

Give him all the love you can.