Thread: Fake VS. The real deal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fake VS. The real deal

My monthly article The Vintage Guitar News and Views. Explores the fake epidemic in the marketplace today.
    May all your days be memorable, all your friends stay true and all your riffs be killer....

pes_laul Guest

Great article

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting read.

I've read about fakes before but this covered a lot.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Very thorough and knowledgable article, Greg. If it helps just one person from getting stiffed for big $, it's well worth the time you spent putting it together!

Guitarists need to be made more aware of this subject in general. The knock-offs are getting WAY too good these days!

Well done!

G
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice article!

Hell, there's a knockoff company ad on YouTube right now, advertising Chinese Gibbies at stupid low prices.

It's scary how good the knockoffs are getting. But, for every one that is decent in terms of quality, I'll bet there are fifty with serious issues. But, for someone who is maybe new to guitar, they spend their money, thinking they got the real deal for a steal. Then reality hits them when they see inferior workmanship and crappy electronics.

I read recently on the Epiphone website that some Epiphone knockoffs were using particle board for the carved top.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40