Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Money Saver Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Money Saver Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Wait and buy things you need further into the season. I wanted a new BBQ but decided to wait a while... now the store around here are clearing them out and the savings are substantial. Same goes after X-mas, the cards and wrapping paper are usually up to 75% off. Winter coats go onsale in February as the stores starts to fill the racks with their spring line-up. With a little planning, you can do well for yourself... the trick is to not just buy because it's onsale.

Happy shopping Fretters.
    Quite true. Wait for stuff out of season and save.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

What do y'all think about buying guitars after winter NAMM? It seems that there are good deals to be had on previous year's models after the new ones come out.

Incidentally, Kurt at Rondo is blowing out some of his AL guitars at significant savings.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pickngrin
    Thrift stores. You might be amazed at the variety of items that you find there.
    The thrift stores in resort towns are amazing. You can actually label shop there. North Face, Polo, Patagonia, LL Bean etc are often easy to find and in great shape for cheap. I love thrift stores.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thrift stores, indeed! I love to visit them in any new town I visit. Sometimes also pawnshops. Great finds! I could buy all the kid's toys from those. But the local ones are quickly checked out and people often ask insane prices for utter cr*p too.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    The thrift stores in resort towns are amazing. You can actually label shop there. North Face, Polo, Patagonia, LL Bean etc are often easy to find and in great shape for cheap. I love thrift stores.
    You ain't kidding! Way back on a ski trip to Snowmass/Aspen, I bought an almost brand new Spyder 2-piece ski suit for about 2/3 off from what the Aspen shops were selling a similer one at. I still have the jacket for the rare cold days we get here.

Right now is a great time to check the clearance racks for baseball jerseys, etc.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Leave the car at home, and take the bicycle.
    +1 0n the cycle - sure beats running! ;-)
    -----------------------------------------
    I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.

Post Thanks / Like

If You can do without your car, sell it and get a moped instead.
    Start cutting your hair yourself, instead of going to the hairdressers. Saves me, I don't know...maybe $150/year or so.

Great thread!
    Moped: Piaggio Ciao PX

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Telefinken
    Start cutting your hair yourself, instead of going to the hairdressers. Saves me, I don't know...maybe $150/year or so.
    Great thread!
    I got a haircut so bad and uneven a few days ago, I had to pull out the electric dog clippers, attach the longest guard, and buzz... my hair is now no longer than about .5 inch (1.3 centimeters). It turned out really well, but I think I'll buy some more guards to allow slightly longer hair up front.

By accident and because of my new chin goatee, I now look like an older Mark Tremonti, but without the sideburns and certainly without the guitar playing talent.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234