Thread: The Money Saver Thread

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie
    Put all your change in a jar, every day. You won't miss it, but it adds up more quickly than you'd think.

I do this...in fact rolled my coins today....$140...not bad eh!!

Post Thanks / Like

Join a wholesale club. Our first visit savings at our local BJ's paid for the yearly membership. After that, it's all savings for the rest of the year. And, you don't have to buy everything by the pallet, either. There's only two of us in our household and we find all kinds of things to buy there.

I don't know if this is true of grocery stores around the country, but Publix and Winn Dixie stores here send out flyers each week with many buy one, get one free items listed. We stock up on all kinds of things through this. If it's non-perishable or can be frozen, it works.

Learn how to fix things when they break rather than just buying a new replacement (or paying someone else to fix it). I know that a lot of the modern, cheap, electronics aren't worth fixing, but there are still many things around the house that when they break, only need a relatively easy and inexpensive repair. I have litterally saved thousands in repair costs by doing it myself.

Shop the web for deals. I can't even begin to list the things I've bought on the internet for far less than I can find them locally. I don't waste gas driving around looking, and in most cases I save the sales tax.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.