Thread: Any body using the Jimmy Page wiring?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Any body using the Jimmy Page wiring?

I'm going to eventually ghange out my pups on my Parker PM-24V. It came with Parkers Stinger pickups and they are a little hotter then I care for. I'm leaning towards throwing in a SD jazz in the neack and am still not sure about the bridge. Anyway when I do this I'm seriously thinking of doing the Jimmy Page wiring. I came across an updated Scematic that uses four push pull swithes. witch is suppose to sound even better. I already have two push pull swtiches. and adding to more is no big deal. I'm just wondering what people that have done this mod or used it have to say. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Rockybluejazz; August 4th, 2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: notification
    It's very dependent on your state of mind. And your emotional state as well. And a lot of it comes pouring out, you don't really have that much control with it.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

Question Zoom four track question

I have a friend that is going to give ma a Zoom Four track. I don't know the model yet. I now know they make a lot of stuff. But I was wondering about their reputation. Thanks
    It's very dependent on your state of mind. And your emotional state as well. And a lot of it comes pouring out, you don't really have that much control with it.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about trying the JP wiring on my LP but I decided that if I wanted Jimmy's tone I should just play my Tele.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    I thought about trying the JP wiring on my LP but I decided that if I wanted Jimmy's tone I should just play my Tele.
    I don't know if you knew this but Jimmy had twinblades on his Tele. Hence the guitar that sold Les Pauls.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    I don't know if you knew this but Jimmy had twinblades on his Tele. Hence the guitar that sold Les Pauls.
    Jimmy's Teles were stock with stock pickups. He wired his Les Pauls to sound like Teles.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to find the pic that showed he had twinblades, no big deal.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

He had his Tele in the New Yard Birds. He started in LZ with the same Tele. And used it a lot for recording over his career in LZ. The first LZ album was all Tele. He was concerned about layering sounds So he used all sort of guitars in the studio. Like his famous Dan Electro And double neck SG. He used a Strat prodomantly in the last couple of albums. His LP was very hard on his back. I read this information in a interview with JP. I could see why he wired his LP the way he did. He didn't need to keep switching guitars.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

i have got that wiring rig in a couple of my own sg and i have installed them countless times. i love them, you get a tele sound with huge sustain. but if you think of it this way you are playing a song where you need alot of quack in the verses but the solo needs more beef, when you can do it with one guitar why not. the only thing is if you have 2 core pups its a no go as it needs 4 core, so then you are left with either a hefty bill for new ones, or if you muck up the pickup mod from 2 - 4 core you still get the hefty bill for new pups.