Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Les Paul Studio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Les Paul Studio

Post Thanks / Like

Default Les Paul Studio

Even through a Vox AD30VT the Les Paul Studio sounds like heaven with strings.

I know.....I know......pictures or it didnt happen......soon I promise....but for now....she is a 2002 Gibson Les Paul Studio.....blue metallic top with black back and sides, uncovered buckers not sure of the combination I took them out and looked when I changed strings tonight but all they say is Gibson USA on the back of them.

Now if that Strat and Epi Valve Jr would show up before the weekend, I could have a whole lot of fun :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats my friend.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Patrick.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Cool beans! Yeah, get some pictures up here. Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pictures in 10, 9, 8...

I played a wine red Studio yesterday, and man that was a sweet guitar. GAS pains are wicked!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

So, I take it this is a new guitar?

Congrats!

@ Tig: Where did ya play the Studio?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that those pickups are not stock. I am pretty sure unless it is a "limited edition" that they every came with uncovered pickups. They have had the 490, 498 combo since inception. Only recently have the faded studios come with the Burst buckers.
    I will do some digging and see if they had a special edition in blue in 2002.
    Update: Well after a quick look there were several limited editons in various shades of blue using the open coil pickups. Not sure what series they were.
    If you check the impedence, the 490/498 set are areond 7.5 neck and 13.5 bridge. They would be an excellent pickup set. I love that combo.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    @ Tig: Where did ya play the Studio?
    At the local GC. Went looking for the new Fender Super Sonic 22, but no one has 'em yet.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    So, I take it this is a new guitar?
    New to me, it is a 2002. I have had it for about 2 weeks now I guess. As soon as the new Strat and Epi Valve Jr that I bought from MrMudcat arrive I will get pictures of both the new ladies and the new amp/cabinet setup as well.

The kid I bought the Les Paul from said something about it being a limited edition and that only so many were made in this particular color/style.

I thought there would be more markings or numbers or something on the back of the pickups to indicate which set they were, but I think they are 490/498's They sound awesome but not quite as dark as the burstbuckers in the faded series as well as the all Mahogany Studio that was out before they started calling them faded.

It has its share of character marks ie a couple of dents and a pretty good nick in the back of the neck, it is obvious that the kid did not take very good care of it....but all that changes now :-) I spent about an hour cleaning it up when I first brought it home and then when I changed strings last night I really went over it with a fine tooth comb. Too bad I did not think then to measure the impedance of the pups.

I forget which model I was playing on last night, but I think it was the UK 80's with a touch of delay and man was it just awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Pictures in 10, 9, 8...

I played a wine red Studio yesterday, and man that was a sweet guitar. GAS pains are wicked!
    Mine is about 20yrs old and recently had a proper setup. Plays like a dream.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently traded my 2008 Studio in Fireburst for a 2008 Marshall DSL100. The amp was worth 1799 new and I paid 1099 new for the Studio. A no brainer for me. I do miss the studio, and I will probably replace it down the road. I have a good friend that has an 89 in Wine red and he is bringing it down to me to keep for a few months. I have tried to get this one from him for years but he won't sell. It is the older non chambered body and is probably one of the best sounding Pauls I have ever heard.
    Maybe this time I can make a deal.
    Oh yea, is the new guitar chambered, or weight relieved?
    And Pictures are mandatory.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics now!
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Fireburst Studios are major GAS factories...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thatsa a spicee a meetballa!

Sweet axe!
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

Sure go ahead and rub it in. Mine was the gold hardware and it was perfect.
    I had a woody for the marshall and I let it go.
    Here is an interesting pic.
    One is called Fireburst the the other 3 color sunburst? I hve traded both of these since the picture was taken.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Kazz. And I'd also guess that the pickups are 490/498. That's what's in my '97 LP Studio DC and most Studios except some from the last few years.

And... pics!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats Kazz !!!! 7....6....5....
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures posted in the New Guitar, Amp and Cab thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I made the serious mistake of grabbing one to try out a Tweaker recently at GC.

It felt like home, sort of like settling into my comfy recliner. Sounded like heaven. I've never heard better than that Studion through the Tweaker.

I won't be able to afford one for a good long while though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast