Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Nfl 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

so What was wrong with that tackle by GB a minute ago?

Edit: It was the personal foul called on GB on a tackle where the defender had hold of the guy's jersey under the face mask.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; February 6th, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I thought it was a good, exciting game for a Superbowl. I guess I ended up underestimating my dislike for the Steelers. I really did want the Pack to win.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it should be even more enjoyable to be a Lions fan in Wisconsin now. Pray for me ...
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I suppose this gets into the eternal debate of what each award means, like the ever-present MVP discussion. I think perhaps Vick deserved the NBA award of most improved player this year, rather than comeback. Still, you could make the argument that his comeback was not complete until this year; he had fallen to such depths recently and had not yet played on as high a level as he did this year. I think that if such an argument were made, you could probably sell me on that without too much work.
    I'd go along with something like Most Improved because he was that by a wide margin, going from 3rd string "Wildcat Only" QB in 2009 to #1 QB in MVP discussion for much of the season. Can't think of anyone else who improved their game to that extent.

I was a definite Vick doubter this year, so I congratulate him on having a great season (I know this is beside your point, R_of_G). I really want to see how he does next year, as he may have run out of tricks, which is why he was much less effective near the end of this season. I think the Eagles were wise to franchise him this year, in case it turns out that teams have figured out a way to limit his success.
    I'm curious to see what happens with Vick as well. I too saw that late season opponent defenses were able to handle him better. The more film there was to break down on him, the more defensive coordinators could figure out how to deal with his unique skill-set. If I were the Eagles I'd franchise him too. I'm very curious to see how the Kolb situation plays out as well. There are some situations out there he could step into with fairly good teams and some I'd feel really sorry for him for losing a starting job with the Eagles to injury then winding up with a perennnial non-contender.

Speaking of franchise tags and the future for our teams, whenever they may take the field again, I was glad to see the Jets franchise LB David Harris. Bart Scott is the big name and I'm glad to have him, but Harris is my favorite of the Jets linebackers. He's the most consistent and rarely makes mistakes. I'm glad to see the Jets are committed to keeping him.

This off-season will be a tough one for Mike Tannenbaum. I'm still not buying that he's the one of the top GMs as portrayed by the press. With seventeen Jets now free agents, we'll see how good he really is. Top of my list not to have back would be Antonio Cromartie. I was less than impressed with his performance this season.

I wonder if Vernon Gholston will ever make another NFL roster. At least that experiment is over.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

The "Fifty Cent" joke about Cutler was pretty funny. I'm glad the Pack won. It was a good game, coming down to final drive like it did. Don't get me started on the spectacle component. Aquilera and halftime were both disheartening.

pitchers and catchers report on or around valentines day.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Hey R_of_G: I was watching 12 Angry Men over the weekend, and the whole time, I couldn't help but think that the angriest guy (the one with the son he hadn't spoken to for 2 years) heavily resembled Rex Ryan.

Not trying to start anything necessarily, but I was pretty entertained by the comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Hey R_of_G: I was watching 12 Angry Men over the weekend, and the whole time, I couldn't help but think that the angriest guy (the one with the son he hadn't spoken to for 2 years) heavily resembled Rex Ryan.
    Was this the remake of the film? I've only seen the original. I'll have to check out pics of the cast of the remake.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Was this the remake of the film? I've only seen the original. I'll have to check out pics of the cast of the remake.
    The Henry Fonda version, which I'm assuming is the original.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

The Henry Fonda version, which I'm assuming is the original.
    Yes it is. Looking at pics again now. I guess there is a similarity in type. If casting a movie about the Jets, is it too obvious to go with John Goodman to play Rex? He seems a natural, not just because of the size, but he could do the Rex braggart thing well I think.

In Jets news... it would appear the Vernon Gholston era is finally coming to a close. After three years with the Jets, the sixth overall draft pick who was supposed to be a great pass rush threat has accumulated exactly as many sacks as I have. He's started all of five games in his illustrious Jets career. The list of truly solid defensive players taken after Gholston in that draft makes me weep. Jets also released OL Damien Woody, a true class act and an anchor of the Jets running game. He will be difficult to replace. Jason Taylor also going but it was clear he was a rental anyway. He did make some big plays in crucial situations though so it was worthwhile.

Wonder if we'll have a NFL 2011 thread. I sure hope so.

Post Thanks / Like

In Jets news... it would appear the Vernon Gholston era is finally coming to a close. After three years with the Jets, the sixth overall draft pick who was supposed to be a great pass rush threat has accumulated exactly as many sacks as I have. He's started all of five games in his illustrious Jets career.
    Yeah, zero sacks is pretty pathetic, but in large part I chalk this up to the hit-or-miss nature of first-round defensive ends. Florida State alone could have their own category for DE busts. Andre Wadsworth, Jamal Reynolds, Reinard Wilson, Jerome McDougle, etc. I think McDougle was actually from Miami, but still. So many flame-outs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, zero sacks is pretty pathetic, but in large part I chalk this up to the hit-or-miss nature of first-round defensive ends. Florida State alone could have their own category for DE busts. Andre Wadsworth, Jamal Reynolds, Reinard Wilson, Jerome McDougle, etc. I think McDougle was actually from Miami, but still. So many flame-outs.
    His nickname amongst many Jets fans was the Invisible Man.

I chalk a lot of it up to over-rating the combine drills. Gholston is a phenomenal athlete in nearly perfect physical condition. He looks good in drills or just displaying his athleticism. The guy was a huge hit at the combine. Unfortunately, it didn't translate to playing football. Perhaps he'll get a chance somewhere else and another coach can make it work.

After the sideline tripping incident with the strength & conditioning coach (Sal Alosi), I not entirely jokingly suggested the Jets could recoup some of their losses on Gholston's contract by giving him that job. That's something for which he's suited.

Hopefully the Jets can address the pass rush need in this draft. I've read that many scouts consider this draft to be amongst the deepest in recent history for defensive linemen. I'd like to see the Jets take one.

What are the Eagles looking to do this year in the draft?

Post Thanks / Like

What are the Eagles looking to do this year in the draft?
    Well, I'd say they need an entire defense and a new offensive line. Funny how for years, their o-line and D were the strengths of the team, and the skill positions were suspect.

I'd say linebacker, guard, and tackle (both) are probably the important positions, though what do I know?

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't all that long ago that we were discussing former Bucaneer/Seahawk Jerramy Stevens and his run-ins with the law.

Add another to the list...

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/mar...news-breaking/

Innocent until proven guilty for sure, but this guy's arrest record is longer than his highlight reel.

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't all that long ago that we were discussing former Bucaneer/Seahawk Jerramy Stevens and his run-ins with the law.

Add another to the list...

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/mar...news-breaking/

Innocent until proven guilty for sure, but this guy's arrest record is longer than his highlight reel.
    Yeah, he's a great guy for sure. I wonder what went wrong in his childhood that scrambled his eggs that much.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425