Some of you guys must be looking forward to this coming NFL football season.

The Rev's Lions got Suh under contract and into camp. Stafford should develop nicely in his second year. You’ve got a good running game again. Things are looking up for the Lions.

I’m trying to remain optimistic with my team's best player holding out of training camp.

For the record, I support Darrelle Revis 100%. Been reading a lot of other Jets fans and writers using the “honor your contract” argument, but the teams don’t honor their contracts, so why hold the players to a different standard. The Jets have a history of asking guys to restructure their contracts before they’re up and if they refuse they are cut or traded. That doesn’t seem different than a player asking for a new deal before his old deal is up. Whether or not Revis “deserves” to be the highest paid CB in football isn’t as relevant as the fact that right now he’s only the eighth highest paid player in the Jets defensive backfield. He may or may not be the best CB in the league (I say he is) but he’s surely the best DB on the Jets and should be paid accordingly. My biggest problem though is that the hang up is over guaranteed money, as usual. Jets owner Woody Johnson (net worth $3.3 billion per Forbes magazine) has raised issues about putting guaranteed money in contracts. I happen to agree as I think in most cases what you get is a lazy player who doesn’t care because he already got paid (see Albert Haynesworth) but I also prefer consistency to situational ethics. Johnson was fine with the contract for unproven rookie QB Mark Sanchez which has $28 million guaranteed yet he won’t approve any guaranteed money for a fourth year player whom the head coach and General Manager have repeatedly called the best defensive player in the NFL. It doesn’t make ethical or business sense.

Sorry for the rant, but the business side of sports can make one a bit insane, especially when it affects a team that is trying to make a run at a title. I have a lot to see on the field before I believe this team is as good as it’s alleged to be.