Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Gear Day

Thread: New Gear Day

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Gear Day

Ebay: I scored a Boss FS-6 footswitch for my GI-20 midi interface, and I also scored a good condenser mic - Audio Technica AT2035.

They both showed up today!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Man Robert, you're getting loaded.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! New great day is always a great day.

Then comes Gotta Build a New Wing On the House to Store All My Gear Day - not such a great day.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics or did not happen.

I kid. I only care about pics of axes and amps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Pics or did not happen.

Ditto...
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    So this picture of a rabbit with a pancake on its head does nothing for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    So this picture of a rabbit with a pancake on its head does nothing for you?
    No because, quite obviously, that is a waffle.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    No because, quite obviously, that is a waffle.
    Busted. I meant to change this but I forgot. I did get the rabbit part right. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    Busted. I meant to change this but I forgot. I did get the rabbit part right. ;-)
    Are you sure that's a rabbit? I thought rabbits had big ears. I think that might be a Guinea Pig.

Last edited by LeadedEL84; August 12th, 2010 at 02:15 AM.
    LeadedEL84

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nah, it's a wabbit alright. We used to have all kinds of rodents when I was a kid from mice and rats to rabbits and guinea-pigs. Rabbits are the worst, they chew up everything they get their teeth into...never again.

I've been starting to think having any kind of pets just for the sake of having pets is basically just a form of animal abuse. I mean, it's OK to have a hunting dog or even a companion dog for the elderly or people living alone, but like 90% of pets are just for the needs of the owner and unnecessary waste of resources and such. Animals belong in the nature and should not be bred and kept for human's toys.

Not that I sneer at people who have pets, and in a way I do think that pets are great for kids to learn about life and death - but personally I think I'll never have another pet myself when my cats' best before date comes.

Which is this Friday for my oldest cat, at 18 years I believe I have to give it the syringe...breaks my heart to do that to my oldest friend but, you know, everyone's got their dog to take care of when the time comes.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

you think its like that.....until the wife tells you she is bringing home a dog.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL yah, she's been pining for a german shepherd for years, but I won't have one. Maybe and only maybe when the kids grow up. Dogs are hell to take care of, always a problem when you're off to holiday or have strange woeking hours....especially large dogs. I will never take one out for a walk so if ahe wants a dog she better find a walker for it too for when she's working nights and making business trips...so, no I don't think we'll get one any day soon.

I've had a labrador and a couple spaniels, nevermore. Maybe a small bullterrier or something when I retire...something that can live on a small boat for days on sea.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeadedEL84
    Are you sure that's a rabbit? I thought rabbits had big ears. I think that might be a Guinea Pig.

Yummy!!! Cuy! Those are great slow roasted!!! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I should have known better. It was inevitable that TIG would top me with a better pic and Sumi would see food. LOL
    LeadedEL84

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the jokes. I still haven't had time to open the boxes to try out the new toys...

Been busy working on my new blues licks video product - it's taking its toll on me to get it finished!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Thanks for all the jokes. I still haven't had time to open the boxes to try out the new toys...

Been busy working on my new blues licks video product - it's taking its toll on me to get it finished!
    I guess I forgot to include my congrats on the new gear in my reply. You must be busy if you are neglecting the new toys! I know when I have new gear it is hard to concentrate on anything else until I get my fix. Is it that you have a strong work ethic or are you spoiled getting so many new toys?
    LeadedEL84

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I try to focus on one thing at a time....