Thread: Pat Travers Band

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pat Travers Band

I was listening to Pandora radio on my "Joe Bonamassa"channel and PT got thrown into the mix with one of his blues tunes from the 90s. It totally smoked so I had to go over to you tube and see what I could find of him. I like Pandora because they mix in bands/players with similar styles to your channel title. I've gotten to hear players I was not aware of before or have not heard or thought about in a long time. Pat Travers has been around a long time and played with some great bands. I like the way he plays blues and hard rock and throws in funk rythms. I found live performances of him posted from the 70s on into the 2000s and it reminded me of what a great player and performer he is.
    Thought I'd post a couple and share them with you. I think this version of Born Under A Bad Sign is killer!
    LeadedEL84

Post Thanks / Like

Pat Travers is awesome. He's been a favorite of mine since around 1977. Wow, he must be old. He certainly can lay it down though. I've been covering his version of Born Under a Bad Sign for quite a while and play it at almost every gig.

Glad you brought him up. He also released an album recently called Fidelis. I haven't heard it yet though. He also released Travelin Blues in 2009. He's still cranking them out.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Pat Travers is awesome. He's been a favorite of mine since around 1977. Wow, he must be old. He certainly can lay it down though. I've been covering his version of Born Under a Bad Sign for quite a while and play it at almost every gig.

Glad you brought him up. He also released an album recently called Fidelis. I haven't heard it yet though. He also released Travelin Blues in 2009. He's still cranking them out.
    That's great ,Spudman. It is so cool you do his version of Born under a bad sign. Pat is such a rocker. I got to meet him back in about '90 or '91. He played a small bar in Illinois where I grew up. He did a show with Foghat. That was when all the 70s rock bands were out of style and doing a lot of small shows and fairs.I was with a bunch of my local musician friends. They were all older than me. I was still a teenager. Pat went on before Foghat then jammed with them later in the show. Pat came over and hung out with us for a while. He had a few beers with us and signed autographs. The whole time he was there I was quiet and somewhat starstruck. I never even asked for an autograph. I just listened. He was really down to earth and totally cool. Just a regular guy. But man did he tear up the stage that night. He put the Foghat guys to shame with his singing and playing. There were less than 200 people in the bar that night and I was 10 feet from him when he was playing. I'll never forget that.
    LeadedEL84

Post Thanks / Like

Travers is still tearin' it up. He came through Kentucky last month, and although I didn't get to the show, I did get to interview him by phone. Nice guy and still excited about playing.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

wow, blast from the past. like you, I've loved PT for decades, but really haven't thought about him much for a while.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan