Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I Finally Pulled The Trigger ona G&L

Thread: I Finally Pulled The Trigger ona G&L

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Finally Pulled The Trigger ona G&L

After playing a lot of mid priced guitars. I pulled the trigger on a G&L Tribute Lagecy in three tone sunburst. It's an 07 in very clean shape. And the previous owner put in a set of Planet Waves Locking /cutting tuners. As well as changing the tortise shell pick guard. For a retro white one. He also changed the pickup covers to that same style G&L pickup covers. the look reminds me of my brothers 62 Jazz master. I like it much better then the American,Mexican or Japan strats that I have owned in the past. I thought I was done with Strat style guitars Untill I played this one. It sounds more like a start then my USA Strat did. Yet it's it's own guitar. I look at it as a Strat on steroids. It's nice to buy a guitar and not have to think about what should I change first. The neck feels like it was made just for me. And the frets are the perfect size. I don't feel like I settled for second best. Not buying a USA Lagacy. The Tribute Is not a good guitar for the money. it's simply a good guitar. It's like Joe Naylor of Reverned said. it's no longer a question of country of origin. It's a question of company of origin. I want to thank everybody that took the time to answer my questions that helped me make my decistion.
    It's very dependent on your state of mind. And your emotional state as well. And a lot of it comes pouring out, you don't really have that much control with it.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Those G&L's are very nice guitars. If I were to get a more traditional Tele or Strat-type guitar, I'd definitely look at G&L--especially since the G&L dealer in Green Bay is a great guy.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Cool! Those G&L's are very nice guitars. If I were to get a more traditional Tele or Strat-type guitar, I'd definitely look at G&L--especially since the G&L dealer in Green Bay is a great guy.
    I wish I was closer to the dealer in Green Bay. I live three hours away. What's the name of the dealer? Just incease I decided to go for a guitar road trip.
    It's very dependent on your state of mind. And your emotional state as well. And a lot of it comes pouring out, you don't really have that much control with it.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

love those legacy's. Can't wait to see it.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo

love those legacy's. Can't wait to see it.
    Thanks. Working on pictures.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockybluejazz
    I wish I was closer to the dealer in Green Bay. I live three hours away. What's the name of the dealer? Just incease I decided to go for a guitar road trip.
    Dick's Music, just a bit north of Mason on Military.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I can't seem to make the uploader happy. But Here http://picasaweb.google.com/10802473...79197786207858 Is a link to a picture.

Eric Clapton