Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Belated NGD (flipper special content)

Thread: Belated NGD (flipper special content)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Belated NGD (flipper special content)

Picked this Squier Tom Delonge Strat off Craigslist for a pittance, it was quite a mess. Missing the height adjustment screws for the high E saddle, no volume knob, no high E string tuning peg, the G string nut slot was too shallow (a big bend would pop it out), and dinged up and grimy as hell.

I've fixed up everything except the dings, which are plentiful and often down to the wood. The neck, now that it's degrimified, is actually quite nice, as are the frets. Since decent ones go for around two bills, I should be able to sell for a profit (which was my intent), even including the additional parts I bought.

Post Thanks / Like

Good on ya, Brian! Are you sure you'll be able to let it go, though? ;-)
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Good on ya, Brian! Are you sure you'll be able to let it go, though? ;-)
    Yeah, I'm trying not to get attached. I played it at the hippie band practice last week just to make sure I could sell it in good conscience, and frankly I missed having a tone control, especially with no neck pup to toggle to.

Besides, I don't really like Blink 182, so karmically this belongs with someone else anyhow.

Last edited by Brian Krashpad; August 16th, 2010 at 03:41 PM.