Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Iommi's fret fingers bared

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redgibson
    It is odd that i stumbled on this thread today, my left hand is useless today after a long gig on a sore carpel tunnel / rsi ordeal. Having not physically lost anything certainly puts it in a different perspective! Has anyone else had RSI from guitar? I work as a programmer too so that adds to it. I really don't want surgery and I'd prefer some alternate method of correction/ releif. typing with one hand :-/ Again, a strange day to hit this thread. Radical mindshift...
    If you do have to have surgery, look up the "Brown CTS procedure".
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Having had Carpal Tunnel relief surgery on both hands I can relate Red Gibson.
    I was to the point I could not lift a cup of coffee up. After surgery I had about 75-80% relief. One day I was at my Chiropractor, and mentioned it to him.
    He "adjusted" my wrists several times by pressing on the side and moving the two forearm and wrist bones. That, in effect, changed the eye shaped opening that the nerve bundle and tendons move through to a more rounded shape. WA-LA! All better ever since. So that is my advice, get thee to a bone cruncher.
    Edit: Also, give it some time for the inflamation to calm down too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12