Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of things have you have learned from the Fret?

Post Thanks / Like

+1 to everything that Sunvalley said.

And I also want to add that there is only one amph capable of a screaming solo lead sound a´la Steely Dan.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    +1. We used to have it every Christmas eve. Blech.
    We have gumbo every Christmas eve. (don't spill any on yo forehead, 'cause yo tongue will beat you to death tryin' to get at it!)
    I can't imagine a world without Cajun food!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I have learned alot hear also,I wont retype all,I'll add alittle,weel I have learned practice is key(good practice)as well as time not playing(it seems to spark a deeper desire)that your sound is unlike any others,go with it take what you like from other's add it make it your sound.To ease up on your expectations(you'll actually move along faster if you do)and HAVE FUN PLAYING!!!!!! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

+1 to SVL

I've also learned that it is possible to teach guitar, play in 2 bands, record internet videos, run marathons, manage a web forum, and be a dad and husband at the same time.

...and I've learned that posts about John Mayer are guaranteed to divide opinion (but in a healthy and respectful way!)
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    To ease up on your expectations(you'll actually move along faster if you do)
    That's interesting and very true, Sumi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Having thought about this some more I think TheFret has given me a lot over the past few years. The friendly atmosphere in this place encouraged me to start sharing my playing through videos and music files which I had never done before. It also gave me the confidence to go out and try out for bands and break out of the bedroom and into the clubs. I spent a year gigging regularly and learning about live sound, always knowing that any answers to my questions were just a post away on TF.

Thanks to all at theFret for making my guitar journey more fulfilling than I ever expected over the past few years. Slainte!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12