Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What kind of things have you have learned from the Fret?

Thread: What kind of things have you have learned from the Fret?

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm, I was a complete and really absolute noob in October of 2006 when I joined. I had been playing really only for a few months, and was drawn in by researching Vox amphs. So really, quite a lot, or maybe even most of what I know.

So, I learned right away about Vox amphs.
    I also learned about tube amphs, and particularly Peavey Classic 30s.
    I bought a tube amph (C-30) but still would love a little vox amph to haul around.

I learned what "amph" meant and why the term is properly spelled thusly.

I learned reverends can rawk.

I learned there are actual lawyers that are also actual punk rockers. (Edit, also just how many nice, family type guys (and some women) there are out there who enjoy playing and learning to play.

I met a ton of good friends across the globe, and one good one just a ways across the state from me.

I learned about playing over backing tracks, and learned about internet jams where a number of people recorded and collaborated over the same track. We used to do that more, and need to get one started up again.

I learned that more accomplished players were often very willing to encourage and help you if you ask.

I have learned many, many tips, techniques, and practical ways to sound better,

I learned about gems among less expensive items, what to look for while shopping for things

a lot about effects and what they are, what some good cheap ones were, how to line them up, what better ones do, and on and on on that topic.

I found out about some basic things like get decent cables, how to change strings, etc.

I have learned a lot about a lot of music I would never have listened to but for this place.

I have learned a lot about internet communication, and how with using some basic respect and some other common sense, there can be a place where we share the above and much more, help each other out, make some friends, and really, have a darn good time.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; August 19th, 2010 at 07:27 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson