Thread: World-wide Premiere Of Eric Clapton's new single

Post Thanks / Like

Default World-wide Premiere Of Eric Clapton's new single

Hi Guys

Anyone interested in hearing the new single from the soon to be released
    Clapton album?

If you click on the link below and skip to 1:40.30 into the show
    you'll get to hear the world-wide Premiere of ECs new song, "Diamonds Made From Rain" With Sheryl Crow on backing vocals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...me_16_08_2010/

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fretz
    With Sheryl Crow on backing vocals.
    Is it wrong that I've determined this is enough of a reason for me not to listen to it?
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    Is it wrong that I've determined this is enough of a reason for me not to listen to it?
    Yes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    No, it is not wrong.

De gustibus non est disputandum (In matters of taste, there can be no disagreements)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Will there be an album version without this song? For his sake, I hope it is the worst song.
    I'm a fan since I saw him 33 years ago, but listening to this song is like drinking vegetable oil.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    De gustibus non est disputandum (In matters of taste, there can be no disagreements)
    If only everyone I ever spoke with about music lived by this creed. I'm proud of being the music snob that I am, but I always try to remember that my snobbiness is subjective.

Ps. Sheryl or not, I did actually listen and I agree with Tig, this song is not for me.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

well must be getting old or some thing I quite like it

Post Thanks / Like

Not my cup of tea. I try to give everything a fair shot. But Sheryl Crow is someones music that has never had any appeal to me in any form. I really hope that this is just the radio friendly cut on the CD. It would be a shame to have to wait another 5 years for Clapton to make a guitar oriantated album. He is a guitarist first and foremost. Not my words his. It dosen't have to be blues or rock. A new musical direction can be a great thing. Can be.
    It's very dependent on your state of mind. And your emotional state as well. And a lot of it comes pouring out, you don't really have that much control with it.

Eric Clapton