Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Schecter guitars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schecter guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Schecter guitars

IMHO, one of the best values out there - well built, loaded with eye candy, and there's a lot of different models to choose from.

I own a stock C-1 Classic that is hands down sweet - SD JB and Jazz pickups, TonePros bridge, and Grover tuners.

Any other Schecter owners here?
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

What letter is in the beginning of your serial number on the Schecter?

They do look nice and spec out nicely too. Unfortunately no one in my area carries them so I can't try any out.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman

They do look nice and spec out nicely too. Unfortunately no one in my area carries them so I can't try any out.
    No letters. It's all numbers.

If you ever get the chance, play one. I did on a fluke...............and walked out with my C-1.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Schecter C-1 Elite... very nice guitar.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I went to GC today to resupply on consumables, but I had to cruise "Candy Land" a bit before I got what I came for.

They had a pretty good selection of Schecters. Man, some of them were super sweet! The most expensive one was $599.

Schecter is offering a top notch "bang for the buck" in guitars these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Consumables...Candy land...that's beautiful Spanky!!

I've often thought about getting either a C1-Classic or a CSH-1.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

The C-1 Classics are sweet. I love mine. Some folks are put off by the vine inlays, but I like them and they're not distracting a bit when you play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    The C-1 Classics are sweet. I love mine. Some folks are put off by the vine inlays, but I like them and they're not distracting a bit when you play.
    I like the vine inlays.
    I pick a moon dog.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my guitar students bought a Schecter jazz box. Very nice guitar for three hundred bucks.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

THe Hellcat VI is extremely droolworthy.

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

I had The Hellcat VI for a bit... it's nice, but feels very cheap. The electronics on mine were scratchy and popped from the start. Once the Bass VI was re-issued, I sold it for a down deposit on the real McCoy. Nice sound for the $500 I had paid for it though.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman

Next time you are in SV, the Sunburst Guitar store in K-town has 'em.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I still regret passing up on buying one of the Cali shop PT's back in the early 90s. 48st Custom Guitars had them in stock for, at the time, about $1100 USD. I tried a few times to gank one from Ebay but to know avail *sigh*

I own a PT Elite that plays amazing well. Great guitars.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Any of you have experience with one of these Schecter PT Customs?

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...PT-Custom.html

Seems kind of between a Tele and LP kind of thing. One is here in the local shop and it sure is a pretty. Better than the harmony central pic. In person, the quilted maple is less "orange" than in the pic. Korean made. 2003 model. Didn't plug it in but just played it acoustically a little. Seems resonant and quite playable for me. Coil tap on the humbuckers. They are Duncan Designed. Workmanship seems very nice and lots of ornate pretty stuff etc. The quilted maple top is very nice looking, and the back looks like one big chunk of mahogany. Not too heavy, given the big chunk of mahogany, and seems to balance nicely. Anyway, thought maybe one of you would have thoughts.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I picked up this Tempest Special locally last year, used, VG condition w/ohsc, $250 USD:

Fun little guitar.

pes_laul Guest

me and my dad own a shecter C1-+ and man that is a great guitar also we just ordered a shecter acoustic acs elite 12 string wich i never played

Post Thanks / Like

I have the C-1 Artist Limited Edition...I was debating between this one and a Epi Les Paul Custom.I am very happy that I chose the Schecter .IMHO much better
    Quality than the Epi.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=518187

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Banshee for a little while very nicely made played like a dream pickups wound to hot for me traded off for my peavey reactor and valve jr combo

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a Schecter C-1+ last year after demo-ing one in GC in Paramus.

Very nice guitar, 24 frets on a great neck, coil splits, etc. Was thinking of selling it but after playing it for a couple of hours I changed my mind.

It's a keeper.
    '71 Martin D-18
    Agile AL-2000
    Epi Elitist LP "Tak"
    Epi Sheraton 2
    Fender Standard Strat (MIM)
    G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy
    Schecter C-1+
    SX STL50 (Tele clone)
    Washburn WI66PRO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast