Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
trying to find an awesome quality pink guitar - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trying to find an awesome quality pink guitar

Post Thanks / Like

I was in my friend's shop in Lemoyne, Pa. today and he had 2 cool pink guitars. One was a Daisy Rock acoustic with electronics in a hot pink sparkle finish. It had a construction similar to an Ovation with a rounded composite back, $299 I think it was. He also had a nice Pink Squier strat that was used but looked really, really clean for only $69. His name is Randy and the shop is called Triple R Guitar. He's on the web. There may even be a photo of the acoustic on his site. The Squier had just arrived so it's not posted yet.
    If you contact him tell him Bob from Brookwood Leather sent you ~

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by FusedGrooves
    Colour choice should probably be one of the lower things on the list of 'want's when purchasing an instrument. (of any kind) tone, playability should be much higher - IMHO
    this is likely the truest statment thus far.I'd definitely go with it. point taken and made on the sarcasim deal FG
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I used to have this Daisy Rock Retro-H:

They are inexpensive and the stock Daisy Rock mini-humbuckers are great. For awhile they switched to Duncan Designed mini's, which I have not played, but I have seen reports by people who have played both and actually prefer the no-name house mini-humbuckers that don't have any lettering on them (the others say "Duncan Designed" on them in small letters).

I forget how much I bought and sold mine for, but it was definitely under 2 bills.

Post Thanks / Like

Not your cheapest choice but I love mine if you can find one
    Pink Paisley Stratocaster or Telecaster

http://www.elderly.com/fmic/items/FPPS08.htm
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pink

One fine looking pink guitar that paisley strat. I wonder if they ever show up used?
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    One fine looking pink guitar that paisley strat. I wonder if they ever show up used?
    Sure they do, all the time.
    There are two Strats and three Tele's on e-bay right now, all paisley pink.
    Plus two red paisley Tele's................
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pink

I looked at the pink paisley guitars on ebay - they looked expensive at around a thousand used.

I don't know their specialty value.

However, I looked at Fender Lone Stars and Roadhouses and was not impressed that they want as much or more than I can buy a brand new one at any music store that matches the internet places, no bargains there; even used ones with obvious problems were going to cost as much as a new one when you figure in shipping.

That's why I'm put off by ebay and haven't spent much time messing with it.

Is it really possible to get some great deals on ebay on guitars?

I'm doing very well locally getting NOS guitars at incredible prices and am picking up a Fender SuperSonic 60 for an incredible price, brand new right here, works perfectly.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Post Thanks / Like

Duff,
    I personally don't care for the paisley, but the M.I.J. Strats are reported to be very good/excellent quality. There's a store about 30 min. from my house that also matches most internet prices, plus you get to try it before you buy it. I like that method of buying best.
    E-bay.......... this is a crapshoot most of the time. If you buy from a highly rated seller with good feedback you're usually goood to go. But there are shysters just like anywhere else. You need to ask questions before you bid, know what shipping, etc. will cost, and follow up quickly once the auction ends. I scored a M.I.A. Roadhouse Strat for $575.00, a very well made, quality instrument. The hardware, fit and finish, etc. are, IMO, superior to the current M.I.M. model. It is near mint condition, the seller just needed money fast due to the economy.
    Congrats on your SuperSonic, glad you're finally getting one, I know you've been a fan of them for quite some time.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

One of my online guitar buddies gettin' funky with a Hello Kitty...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL that was cool - I love it! Can you get any less rock looking and still sound good? LEGO shirt and computer too, plus a cat...man, that'd be a great wear for playing a rock gig indeed. Puzzle the audience :-)

Damn, that'd be a great idea for a video...hard rocking song and a video where I'd dress all the guys in kid's and baby clothes (also get them really drunk for filming) and then playing all kinds of kid's games an crying etc. when stumbling, some sandbox fight scenes etc...and with a plot like stealing apples going on underway...that could make for some real fun slapstick comedy too...shoot all in slow and speed it up for the vid...yep gotta start thinking about that for our next (and first) video :-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Two pages of helpful suggestions but no return appearance of the OP.
    Now what do we do with all these pink guitars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    I was thinkin' the same thing the other day... We got punked!

I see a pink guitar sale in the near future.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I sold mine to the parents of a 12-year-old girl. It was her birthday present. She seemed very pleased.

I still have the same model in white, albeit in the 12-string version (and with different pickups installed, by the previous owner):

Post Thanks / Like

Default Op

I asked the OP for an update a while back, to no avail.

Who knows what happened?

A response would be welcome.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Default response to the need for pink...and for speed...

first let me say..thank you all so much for your input..I take NO advice lightly..and also..let me SHOW you who you are talking to..so that you may understand..that yes....it HAS to be pink..lol...also: I have spoken to a LOT of folks on this subject and your all right..all of the off the shelf PINK guitars are basically crap...HOWEVER..since I dont know the difference..and I have to learn the boring stuff first...I went around and played around with some guitars to get a feel of what SEEMED like something I could HANDLE...neck, strings, size...etc..and I think I am going with a mid range; borderline crap model that handles for me well..its a pink stagg acoustic electric for under 200 bucks....when it is determined that I wont leave it in a corner for a year..I will have one custom made for me. Right now I dont want to invest in something that I may lose interest in...
    Pink

www.trutv.com/video/speeders/pink-lady.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtkfuLIcEo8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioboy950
    One of my online guitar buddies gettin' funky with a Hello Kitty...
    That's really hilarious. This vid actually made me check out hello kitty guitars on craigslist to see what's out there. I found one and emailed the guy, so we'll see what happens. I would absolutely love to play live with that axe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pinkspeeder
    first let me say..thank you all so much for your input..I take NO advice lightly..and also..let me SHOW you who you are talking to..so that you may understand..that yes....it HAS to be pink..lol...also: I have spoken to a LOT of folks on this subject and your all right..all of the off the shelf PINK guitars are basically crap...HOWEVER..since I dont know the difference..and I have to learn the boring stuff first...I went around and played around with some guitars to get a feel of what SEEMED like something I could HANDLE...neck, strings, size...etc..and I think I am going with a mid range; borderline crap model that handles for me well..its a pink stagg acoustic electric for under 200 bucks....when it is determined that I wont leave it in a corner for a year..I will have one custom made for me. Right now I dont want to invest in something that I may lose interest in...
    Pink

www.trutv.com/video/speeders/pink-lady.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtkfuLIcEo8

hehehe cool! Well whilst we don't guitar choice in common it seems our other hobby is well suited! You see down here in Aussieland we created a Stunt riding team (road bikes) about 10 years ago - my fastest wheelie recorded on video was 211kph (or whats that in miles about 135?) as well as cleaning up locally in the Modified 1000cc + stock 600c race classes

Check us out at www.cunningstunts.com and or my racing website www.racing.cunningstunts.com....

I'm on both sites under Team - as J-rad, shorted version of my name Jarrad!

Post Thanks / Like

Now I understand "Pinkspeeder"Cool I did all my riding in my '30's and 40's,but I still race cars so I know the need for speed,can't wait to see you get pulled over with a pink guitar strapped on you back and then bust out with the JailHouse Blues!!! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I was in my friend's shop in Lemoyne, Pa. today and he had 2 cool pink guitars. One was a Daisy Rock acoustic with electronics in a hot pink sparkle finish. It had a construction similar to an Ovation with a rounded composite back, $299 I think it was. He also had a nice Pink Squier strat that was used but looked really, really clean for only $69. His name is Randy and the shop is called Triple R Guitar. He's on the web. There may even be a photo of the acoustic on his site. The Squier had just arrived so it's not posted yet.
    If you contact him tell him Bob from Brookwood Leather sent you ~

i emailed this guy about one of the guitars for sale..he had a daisy rock acoustic electric..but it was 25 1/4 or something in size..is that way small? I dont want a child sized guitar..isnt standard like..40 or something??
    "Blessed are the cracked....for they let in the light!"
    Rubber side down baby!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast