Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
trying to find an awesome quality pink guitar - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: trying to find an awesome quality pink guitar

Post Thanks / Like

"Blessed are the cracked....for they let in the light!"
    Rubber side down baby!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not worth that much,and the shipping too.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pink ebay amp

Check this out. This is an EXCELLENT amp, many of us have it. I'm not sure how well it will work with an acoustic but it might be okay.

Thiis is an incredible, thunder road type little amp believe it or not, not a mo-ped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vox-DA-5-Portabl...item27b4a24fe0

You would be able to use this with an electric in the future and might be able to use it with the acoustic because of the small speaker, might not feed back.

Peavey ACOUSTIC guitar amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Peavey-Ecous...item23091338cc

Marshall acoustic amp:

This is a super good acoustic amp at a decent price right now, you might want to check it out, cover it with pink cloth or something, but a good one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-AS50R-5...item3f02c0c63f

I think you will like this, hope it helps.
    Last edited by Duffy; September 2nd, 2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    Check this out. This is an EXCELLENT amp, many of us have it. I'm not sure how well it will work with an acoustic but it might be okay.

Thiis is an incredible, thunder road type little amp believe it or not, not a mo-ped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vox-DA-5-Portabl...item27b4a24fe0

You would be able to use this with an electric in the future and might be able to use it with the acoustic because of the small speaker, might not feed back.

Peavey ACOUSTIC guitar amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Peavey-Ecous...item23091338cc

Marshall acoustic amp:

This is a super good acoustic amp at a decent price right now, you might want to check it out, cover it with pink cloth or something, but a good one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-AS50R-5...item3f02c0c63f

I think you will like this, hope it helps.

well i put in a bid for the first one....it was the cheapest..and yes..well..it WAS pink...I dont want to spend a lot in case I wind up not enjoying playing and it sits in the corner....

next question: I went to buy a cable...naturally in pink...on ebay...there are a million choices!!! HOW do I know which one to buy? I had no idea they were that expensive!....any advice??
    Rubber side down baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amp

That first one is an excellent amp. Wall power or batteries for camping, etc.

Get a good cable, they are usually thicker, not thin ones. These make a big difference in the sound, surprisingly enough. No kidding.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Post Thanks / Like

That first one is an excellent amp. Wall power or batteries for camping, etc.

Get a good cable, they are usually thicker, not thin ones. These make a big difference in the sound, surprisingly enough. No kidding.

well when I search for them on ebay they have a LOT to choose from..but none tell you how thick they are! How do I know?
    Rubber side down baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cable

Wire diameter might be mentioned. Also lifetime guarantrr w free replacement is an indicator but they all eventually mess up. The better ones sound better.

How about the Vox DA5, they are new for 139. Hope u win because it is a great amp.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pinkspeeder
    well not as much as I would like to be..im disheartened and frustrated..im not doing well learning...im sore and bitter!! I cant seem to get my fingers to do what they need to and I wanna give up..but now I bought this...so I cant.
    Don't let the sore, uncooperative fingers get you down... I to have uncooperative fingers (mainly rhythm player with a poor sense of timing!), and I've been playing since High School, stopped for a few years, picked it back up about 4 years ago, and my fingers still get sore! Some have a natural ability to play (I am not one), others have to work at it and still don't get it, but have lots of fun (and frustration) trying. If you want to learn, you just have to keep at it. For example, I am learning to play the song "In the Mood" by Rush, it took me over a week to get almost up to speed with Alex on the album (still not there, but...), and it is still sloppy as hell due to my uncooperative fingers. I still enjoy playing it. Repition is the key, learn it slow, pick up the speed. For me, it's an amazing sense of accomplishment when I can play along with a song, all the way thru (just the rhythm part) with minimal mistakes.

There are guys like Eddie VanHalen, Randy Rhoads, and Les Paul that make just picking up a guitar sound like the most beautifull thing. Then, there are my abilities, the only solo I can play at all is from Boston's "More than a Feeling" and I play that sloppy and poorly timed, still have fun doing it though.

I hope this can curb some of your bitterness and help you along your journey from "can't play s**t" to "can play a song" and beyond. Good luck, and if you want it, make it happen.

Cheers!
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fretting

I don't have heavy calluses on my fingertips after years of playing all the time.

I play mostly electric but hit it hard a lot.

Thing is, I found out you don't have to press down real hard on the strings to get the note, in fact pressing down too hard - especially with jumbo frets - can change the note.

Notice that a lot of the best guitar players hardly move their hands and their touch is very sensitive. Maybe they have heavy calluses but I'm not sure, maybe not.

I don't think a lot of force down on the fretboard is necessary and that it is a good idea to use the minimum force down on the fretboard to hit the note. This conserves energy and is easier on your fingers and hand. It probably also produces a better note sound. At least from my standpoint and experience.

Sometimes I hardly press on the strings at all and get great notes and tone. Also, zero pain.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I hardly press on the strings at all and get great notes and tone. Also, zero pain.
    Ditto.
    If I lay off playing for too long and then hit it hard, my fingertips will burn after a long session, like I touched something hot. It's gone the next day, tho. I don't press hard (you shouldn't have to), and I don't have calloused fingertips. When I use to play acoustic all the time I did get callouses, and they'd tear off after long sessions, leaving me to start over w/ sore fingertips. I learned to use lighter strings, set the action low, and not press down so hard..........
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! Check out that pink V (marnold) Yea call me a pussy!(pokes eyes out)Yea I'm a pussy with a pickle fork!! LOL! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickle fork

Bad. Bad.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I love pink, maybe the lighter color like carnation pink not the dark one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234