Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

trying to find an awesome quality pink guitar
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: trying to find an awesome quality pink guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Smile trying to find an awesome quality pink guitar

hey folks...my friends call me Pink. I am JUST in the very infancy of learning how to play...in fact I am still shopping for my first guitar. I know I want an acoustic electric guitar and I have searched the web far and wide to find a pink guitar of good quality....any helpful advice here?? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Well Howdy Pink,I thnk Daisy Rock makes a Pink acoustic,Are you planning to wear a Pink Speedo when you play this?I'm just kidding,I like to joke around laugh,anyways welcome to the fret.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pink guitar

One good option, maybe the best, would be to go out and find the best guitar you can afford and really like. One that you REALLY like and is of the quality you want. This could be any brand acoustic electric. Exactly the quality and features you want, regardless of color.

THEN:

You could take the strings and tuners and string bridge pegs off, tape the bridge and nut carefully. Mask off the fretboard with tape and strips of paper.

Look around your town for a really good auto or motorcycle paint shop. Bring the masked off guitar in and tell them you want it sprayed with a thin but durable coat of pink paint, metal flake, gloss, satin finish, any specific color of pink, etc. They can also put on shadow images over the pink but under the clear coat top finish, like flowers or paisleys, or any graphic you design - stars, moons, a sound hole graphic design, pinstripes, etc.

This could be a very cool guitar and totally one of a kind and have personal value added, like happens a lot when we mod our guitars.

Doing this may or may not increase the value of your guitar. If done really well it would probably increase the value to the right customer, but generally it will make it a specialty item that will be possibly harder to sell if you ever go that route.

The main thing is though, if you find a really good acoustic electric you will probably keep it for many many years, until it gets stolen or broken; but that's up to you.

It would cost about 100 US dollars to have a "hot rod" type, top quality, auto paint shop do your guitar, but it would probably be highly worth it because you could pick out the exact color of pink, metal flake or other finish and any graphics, subdued shadow graphics under the clear coat, or bolder soundhole graphics, pinstriping, etc.

Just a thought. Auto pain shops usually use a two part catalyzed type paint that forms a very tough and strong finish, like urethane. Amateurs cannot do these type of paint jobs. Also the pro will know what type of paint to use and how to prepare the surface and might even let you do the surface preparation to save you money.

People frequently have their solid body guitars finished by auto painters with "hot rod" super fine paint jobs for a lot less money that you would pay a custom guitar shop.

You might want to suggest leaving the neck alone because good guitars tend to have really nice finished necks that are really great on your hand and thumb, not sticky, but a nice clear wood tone satin finish over mahogany or other super high quality neck wood. Maybe just have the body and headstock painted or just the body and leave the headstock natural - this would save you money and work as well.

This way you can get a really good acoustic electric guitar and have it finished professionally with a really high quality finish. This finish may be superior to the painted finishes found on many entry level or medium level guitars.

I bought a couple pink acoustics: one was a pastel pink folk style Oscar Schmidt by Washburn - a decent guitar. The other was a regular spruce top see thru slightly pink Oscar Schmidt and looked really cool but was not solid pink or anything stunningly pink or of any special color pink.

Good luck on trying to find one off the shelf. I think you will have to look around a lot and will find that the better guitars are not pink.

The Daisy Rock ones are good looking with a heavy metal flake sparkle finish, but how they sound and play I am not sure. The finish on them looks quite heavy so I don't think having an auto paint shop apply a strong buy thin finish would detract any more from the sound, plus you are going to be plugging in anyway.

Hope this relatively unusual idea opens up your chances of getting a really good quality acoustic in the color you want.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If it has to be pink and acoustic, First Act might work. They won't be of great quality and likely difficult to play. In fact, I cannot steer you toward their lower level guitars in good faith.
    http://shop.firstact.com/PublicStore...uitars,93.aspx

I doubt you will find an electric-acoustic in pink anywhere. Not much of a market I'd guess! You might consider looking for a good yet affordable, quality guitar that is easier to play and learn with than one that could frustrate you into giving up. Learning guitar is plenty challenging on its own!

Going electric opens up the options and the quality gets better. Guitar Fetish.com - Xaviere makes several pink electrics that are decently priced.
    http://store.guitarfetish.com/XV-620...ard_p_642.html

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

If you like pink maybe you also like Hello Kitty (if not, just take off the pick guard)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Kitty_Stratocaster

Post Thanks / Like

What color do you want the strings to be?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pink guitar

Those are some nice Xavier electrics. Here are a couple more and a slightly different very high quality Agile electric Les Paul style guitar. I know you are looking for an acoustic, but these electrics are very easy to play, maybe easier than an acoustic and therefore easier to learn on. You don't have to pick so hard to get the volume. I have no affiln. with either company the pictures are for reference only.

You can also get a good practice amp for home to learn on for anywhere from 150 to 300 if you check on line.

Vox makes a 139 dollar "pink" colored electric amp called the DA5 that is an awesome amp with lots of effects pedals built in and amp modelling sounds. It's little but loud, or quiet because it has a switch on the back going down to one half a watt sound output, which is quiet.

I know you are interested in an acoustic, but electrics are also a possible option and are definitely very very fun to play, but so are acoustics.

Hope this helps as well.

Stratocaster type guitars are known to have, as well as telecaster types, an acoustic type sound or tone. The Les Paul type electrics have a deeper, more full, and extremely pleasing sound, and are played by a vast number of professional guitarists, plus they have that awesome look and that purple pinkish LP style one is a very fine instrument that will sound incredible and be useful for life if not stolen or broken.

Agile AL-3100 Purple Birds-eye maple top + mahogany body and set neck
    $399.99
    http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100pp.html

Xavier XV-870 Shell Pink Maple Fingerboard stratocaster type
    $174.00

Xavier XV-580 Chambered Mahogany/Carved Maple Double-Cut
    $289.00 http://store.guitarfetish.com/XV-580...uot_p_619.html#
    Last edited by Duffy; August 25th, 2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy the good guitar - paint it pink.

Any guitar that comes standard as pink is going to be rubbish - happy to be proved wrong there but everything I've seen including those 'Hello Kitty' ones have looked to be more a novelty item VS an actual real instrument and I bet they play just like that too. . . .

Seriously, as a beginner, a BAD guitar is going to put you off real quick, make it hard to learn and will sound terrible. Definately the take the advice from Duffy and get the good guitar, customise it to your tastes...

Happy playing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FusedGrooves
    Any guitar that comes standard as pink is going to be rubbish - happy to be proved wrong there but everything I've seen including those 'Hello Kitty' ones have looked to be more a novelty item VS an actual real instrument and I bet they play just like that too. . . .
    You obviously aren't a child of the 80s

My former Telecaster used to look like this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4582896...08/4282953446/
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    You obviously aren't a child of the 80s

My former Telecaster used to look like this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4582896...08/4282953446/
    Well actually I was born 1977.

And here I was thinking we were talking ACOUSTICS!??? Perhaps I should've said any PINK ACOUSTIC would be rubbish, didn't think I had to considering the OPs original question but there you go! (a QUALITY PINK ACOUSTIC Electric - there ain't ANYTHING acoustic about that Tele my friend....! )

I still stand by what I said - buy a GOOD guitar and paint it if you want custom.
    Last edited by FusedGrooves; August 25th, 2010 at 11:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

if they insist on acoustic try looking here http://www.pinksuperstore.com/pink_guitars.html
    no I do not have anything to do with them.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies for being a bit short Marnold > today has been one of those days.....

My question to the OP would be - since this is your very first guitar would you really want to sacrafice tone, playability or build quality etc JUST to have a pink guitar?

The big problem with ANY 'cheap' ACOUSTIC (and I've only ever seen cheap crappy pink or even the yellow 'SpongeBob square pants crap - LOL or cheap crappy electric for that matter) is that in 5 mins flat you WILL NOT WANT TO PLAY IT.....it will sound fairly woeful and your beginner status won't help.

I would hate to see you turned off the guitar simply because of colour choice......

Let me put it this way.....playing an instrument should be like reading a book.

A good book will be very hard to put down, you may even read it over several times.

Then, you might have heard of another GREAT book, but if you don't like the genre you won't enjoy it. I question beginner students in this way because sometimes the instrument they choose is not neccesarily what they WANT to play.

A bad book you will get a few pages in, perhaps skip to the last page and then throw it out.

Example: My brother in law has always wanted to play drums - so why he has now bought 4 electric guitars is beyond me. The reason being he can play a guitar softly whereas drums can be very loud however guitar doesn't "turn him on" so he doesn't really play them either. Most recently I finally convinced him to go the drum route and he has not even looked at his guitars/bass since.

If you had a choice between a good book that was brown in colour and a bad book that was pink in colour - would you still finish or be interested in the pink book ?

Colour choice should probably be one of the lower things on the list of 'want's when purchasing an instrument. (of any kind) tone, playability should be much higher - IMHO.

Thus why I mentioned if you really really want a pink guitar, but a decent guitar and get it painted - to me that would be sacraligious but hey it's your guitar and needs!. Other than that - I don't even recall seeing a Pink 'Electric Acoustic' and if there was one I'd have serious questions about the PUPs and the like...theres a few choices in a plain ole Acoustic but not with the ability to plug in....

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by player
    if they insist on acoustic try looking here URL="http://www.pinksuperstore.com/pink_guitars.html"]http://www.pinksuperstore.com/pink_guitars.html[/URL]
    no I do not have anything to do with them.
    wow, don't they just look GREAT. . . . . <insert extreme sarcasim here>

Bit of a rant sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Man, I have such a GAS for one of those Hello Kitty Squiers.

I wonder if the neck is anywhere as good as, say the classic players are.
    It'd be so cool to score one of those pink bodies with kitty pickguard, put in a white EMG85 and a good neck...perfect for playing hard rock and metal live :-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pinkspeeder

Pinkspeeder,

What do you think about these ideas so far?

There is quite a bit of good humor and sarcasm here, but it is all in jest.

We know what you are looking for and are trying to help you out.

Any ideas yet?

Good luck and let us know what you think, we are interested.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Other possible option:
    Pretend that the guitar IS pink, and play it like it is.

It will be pink to you, and ultimately it will sound right, to you and others.

Parallel that with this quote from John Mayer:
    "No it won't all go the way it should, But I know the heart of life is good"

Less golf, more saxophone

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what you are looking for. There are several issues over the years.
    This is just one of them. Called shell Pink.
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ224839054
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I like pink
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FusedGrooves
    Apologies for being a bit short Marnold > today has been one of those days.....
    No apology necessary. I've had an insane couple of weeks too.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Rondomusic also has or had pink Teles (electric), I believe.

Strat here:

http://www.rondomusic.com/sst62mgbgmy.html

There may be others there, as well.
    Less golf, more saxophone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast