Thread: Nice tele stock with humbucker neck an tele bridge

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice tele stock with humbucker neck an tele bridge

I want to take some pictures of this awesome stock Peavey Generation X Vintage model telecaster, with a stock covered humbucker in the neck and a std bridge pup.

The bridge us an ashtray type with brass saddles, 3 of them, and it is done in a beautiful antique burst with awesome tight straight grain and sounds superb. They did this right. The pickups are balanced and it sounds great in all positions with some Bad Monkey and a stereo multi reverb pedal from Behringer that sounds almost as good as my Digitech Hardwire one. This tele is a bad boy. I hit my Fender SCXD with this set up yesterday and it virtually screamed the blues and rock too.

I got this guitar new for 200 US, and it has a maple board as well. I see these around here still going for great prices for a really well built guitar.

The important thing is that they did the humbucker - tele bridge pickup wiring plan the right way, so the pickups are balanced. Doing it yourself is not a easy as sticking in a full sized HB in the neck and rolling. When correctly done they change the pot to 500Kohm I believe and put a resistor on the bridge pickup to bring it down to 250 Kohm so that it sounds bright and like a tele. Schematics are available, as I'm sure some of you have seen.

Anyway, this one was done right at the factory.

I'm going to play it right now, very cool guitar with a smooth humbucker that screams when turned up and a great ice picky Albert Collins, "Iceman" type bite to it. Something you have to like, but very ice picky telecaster bite to it in the bridge position that will make your ears ring but sounds like few tele's I have played.

It's the Peavey Generation EX Vintage tele style guitar, discontinued but still available.

If you want one I think I know where a new one is at a very excellent price and they ship, no affln.

Tomorrow I will try to take some pictures. I posted some long ago with my Yamaha drums in the background, before my divorce, whch went super well last month. I moved in with my fiance about a year ago and I promise these pictures will be way better with my new Nikon digital SLR.

I will also take pictures of my blondie MIM Nashville tele and MIM std white tele I got in Nashville. Maybe even my home brew relic'd job on my Cherry Burst std Squire strat that I put Fender Custom Shop Fat 50's pickups in, awesome pickups dudes, you should try some out, way less ice picky than the Texas Specials; but the Texas Specials sound great for what they are, very penetrating, bell like strat pickups that sound great, but not like the fat fifties with their bassy low full fat tones and some chime and twang thrown in.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the pics! I have a sunburst Tele Special, which like yours is a "Fat Tele" with a neckbucker. I also have a SC XD, and have played the 2 together as well, both in my roots rock band (lined out to a Sunn 200S 60W tube head into a 2x12 Celestion cab, mic'd, for a big club), and in my mellower "hippie" band that does not use a full drum kit, lined out to PA. Sounds great, all right. The Tele Special has some neat wiring too,the neckbucker can be split so you can get 5 different combinations instead of 3.

Now get a-goin' with that camera!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tele

Krash, I'd like to see a picture of your Fender, I guess, sunburst tele special.

Is this a stock tele with the HB in the neck or a modified tele?

I will try to take some pictures of my tele's today, foggy now.

I am seriously considering getting some EMG T pickups, active, for one of my tele's. Can't figure out if I should do it to the Nashville - that would be mixing a tex mex strat middle pickup with the EMG active noiseless. I don't know if this could cause noise; mixing a active EMG noiseless bridge or neck with a tex mex middle pup in switch positions two and four. Plus you get different a different tone pot for the EMG's and I don't know how that would affect the tex mex. Might have to wire the tex mex wide open to the volume pot which I also think is different with the EMG's.

I might be best off putting the EMG's in my new MIM standard white tele and avoid mixing the pickup types. The Nashville tele sounds pretty good the way it is.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you have a great tele and some good bands. Does your hippie band use Conga drums? They would be great.

I'm actually thinking about getting one of those Squire Classic Vibe Customs and maybe putting a HB in the neck of it - like a Seymour Duncan 59 or more likely JB neck calibrated pickup. Supposedly they, the Squires are on sale during Rocktoberfest at GC. I'll find out.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Post Thanks / Like

Just doing a search with curiosity to these guitars and got here where I registered 3 years ago. So, Duffy, what ever happened with those pictures?

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about this.

I still have the neck bucker Peavey tele and can take some pictures. The Nashville tele sounds great stock and is staying the way it is. The MIM is another story.

I should be getting in the new pickups I ordered for the MIM standard any day. I ordered the Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro's. I'm looking forward to how it is going to sound with these. They are not noiseless but will be noise cancelling in the middle position at least and should sound way better than the stock noisy ones.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.